Cragar V-5's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am just wondering if anyone is running 16" V-5's? If so could you post up some pics?

Also does anyone know if these are 4.5 or 4" backspacing? Some sites list as 4.5 and others list it as 4". I am not sure if that .5" is even easy to tell. I for sure want a wide stance look. Just not sure if they are 4.5 if I should scrap them and try to find something with a 4" to push them out more if that .5" is really noticeable.

Really interested in these since it seems everyone and their uncle runs the Soft 8's.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up just ordering a set of Black Rock Dune wheels instead.

You must be registered for see images attach

0uTkAsT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered Black Rock wheels also, except I went with the Lobos in 16x7"... They won't be shipped until 5/15 but I'll definitely post pictures when I get them.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah mine won't ship until the 17'th from Summit. Thinking of cancelling the order and going through Quadratek. The price is higher but I won't have to wait.

16x7 is what ordered

0uTkAsT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha yeah I ordered through Summit too. The price difference (particularly on the shipping) is worth the wait to me, but damn I can't wait to get them. :) I decided to hold off on the lift and muffler for now... my wife is really on me to get a better headunit so I think my next order is going to be with Crutchfield.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up cancelling my order and getting the Cragar V-5's after all. They shipped today. I just couldn't wait. lol

0uTkAsT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, well either way they'll look good! Still another week and a half before mine ship :(

0uTkAsT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah alot more $$$ then I remember.When I ran those 16x7 steel rims,soft 8 style,they ran me like $42 each.My alloy rims ran $85 each shipped with center caps,lugnuts,and valve stems.

The price on steelies has come way up over the last 5 years or so. 15s are still cheaper than 16s too.

Still, my set of 5 Black Rock Lobos only cost me a hair over $400 shipped to my door. Five good alloys would've set me back $650-$750+ so they're still a good deal.

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The price on steelies has come way up over the last 5 years or so. 15s are still cheaper than 16s too.

Still, my set of 5 Black Rock Lobos only cost me a hair over $400 shipped to my door. Five good alloys would've set me back $650-$750+ so they're still a good deal.
The rims I really want will set me back $460 each,ouch.

0uTkAsT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW, holy crap... the second set of alloys I put on my Tacoma (the first set I bought were junk and I bent the crap out of them in less than a year) ran me $185 a piece and even that was a hard pill to swallow.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't been at my computer the past couple days but I got an email that the V-5 in that size are backordered.

I have a set of 245/75/16 Duratracs. I wonder if I could slap those on the stock wheels and go or if that would cause any issues (3.5" lift, front bumper/wheel well cover cut and the pinch weld are already cut). Than I could finally at least ditch the wheels the jeep came with and use the next month to save up and get alloys or something

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.