Cooper AT3 Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dg905

Reaction score
Think its time I write a review. Have had these tires for a few months now, after deciding them over the BFG TKO and the Durataxs. A nice quite smooth ride on the highways, good traction in rain, loose gravel, sand, mud, rocks, and everything else I have put in its way. Have not had any snow yet here in Canada, but looking forward to see what they can do.
I did a 3000 km round trip in these tires on my liberty, and didnt have one problem. Went everywhere we had wanted too in Northern Ontario. From old logging roads, to off trails on quad trails going through the bush with lots of holes and some big climbs up loose rocks/gravel. And down to the beach area with some very loose deep sand. Pulled out no problem. Was in 2wd for probably 80% of the time. Started to slide on a steep climb, and in the sand I started to sink, but once I put it in 4x4 no problems anywhere.
These tires have been awesome, have put 15,000 kms on them so far to date, and still look new. I love these tires, and recommend them to everyone who asks about new tires. Will most certainly buy again.
2003 KJ, 3 inch Frankenlift, 265/70/17 Cooper AT3's
Pictures:
http://i42.tinypic.com/1zq8rag.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/2ldx7rc.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2h3c0v5.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/25yx6hw.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/ru1mkh.jpg

dg905

Reaction score
Thanks. I got the " LT " with the deeper thread.. starting to see more and more of them around my area now

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I got the " LT " with the deeper thread.. starting to see more and more of them around my area now

Look good, I thought about those last year. At the time they were pretty new and no 1st hand reviews. Went with Yoko's and very pleasantly surprised.

Where you at in On??? Spent many a mile up North.

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Niagara Region, normally take trips up to timmins area.. Where these pictures were taken

Made it to Timmins once - used to go arounf Gowganda - Shinning Tree.

60 mile due South of Timmins.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No click fixed.
You must be registered for see images attach

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review - very helpful first-hand information.

Great pics - looks like a fun trip! What lift are you running?

Bob

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do these seem to have some good, straight sidewalls?

My 245/70 Grabber AT2's had some nice solid stright sidewalls.

While my 235/75 P-series Open Country AT's have been a good tire thus far, the sidewalls were wavy from the very first day they put them on.

I have a feeling the Jeep will be sticking around (either it or the wife's G6 will get the axe hopefully very soon), so I will be needing a set very soon. I am thinking I may try out the LT Coopers in a 245/75

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm - looks like a good deal going on at Discounttiredirect right now.

They have three offerings of this tire - the passenger rated, a "C" load, and an "E" load.

"E" would be overkill for me. Really, "C" would be too being that I haven't done any real wheeling since early '08!

For 245/75-16 P-rated, I can get a set of 5 for $575 shipped, plus an additional $80 off via a Visa prepaid card. Installation will run me $100 for all 5. So, $595 when it's all said and done.

For 245/75-16 LT "C", I can get a set of 5 for $745 shipped, plus an additional $80 off via a Visa prepaid card. Installation will run me $100 for all 5. So, $845 when it's all said and done.

dg905

Reaction score
Im not 100% on what you mean by straight side walls, but if there are no bumps in them ? I have not seen any in them. They have not lost any air pressure, doesnt look like the thread has changed at all either. I wish I got that good of deal on these tires... I ended up paying about 1100 for the tires and installed here in Ontario. And even with paying that much, I am still very satisfied with them.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not 100% on what you mean by straight side walls, but if there are no bumps in them ? I have not seen any in them. They have not lost any air pressure, doesnt look like the thread has changed at all either. I wish I got that good of deal on these tires... I ended up paying about 1100 for the tires and installed here in Ontario. And even with paying that much, I am still very satisfied with them.

Cool, thanks - yeah, I mean my Toyos literally had slight bulges and waves in the sidewalls from the day I bought them. No gooseggs or anything like that, but they just looked kind of cheap. They've been great tires, but I'll probably end up with these AT3's being ordered today as the $50 off sale ends tonight.

dg905

Reaction score
*UPDATE*
We finally got some snow over the weekend, so I got to try them out in the snow. They handled very well in 2wd for the most part, would start to slip, and then found traction down unplowed city/country roads. I went down a few back roads ( mud roads ) and had to put it in 4wd and then went through it no problem at all. Very happy with these tires in all conditions I have thrown in their way.