Any known fitment issues with Pro Comp Black Series 69

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on tire size and lift the 16x8 with 4"bs may rub on the pinch seem, edges of the fenders at full flex in the rear, and/or fog light area of the front bumper. Not horrible but if you want 0 rubbing then don't get them.

oblivionnewtonjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on tire size and lift the 16x8 with 4"bs may rub on the pinch seem, edges of the fenders at full flex in the rear, and/or fog light area of the front bumper. Not horrible but if you want 0 rubbing then don't get them.

Stock height. Just replaced springs with Moog, new Bilstein shocks, pretty much everything was just replaced. Cooper Adventurer AT' 245/70 16

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Any issue with this rims backspacing and offset values?
Looking to refresh my wheels, lose some unsprung weight in the process.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/pro-comp/black-series-69-wheel-jeep-wangler-yj-tj-cherokee-xj-grand-cherokee-zj

Bad choice really
Tires not wide enough to spread that much for 8 inch wide wheel
Backspacing will give you issues

UNLIFTED = 7 inch wide wheel with 5 inches of backspacing
Lifted even those will cause issues with rubbing etc
and it would be pretty horrible rubbing
Seen a few try it and fun to watch and listen to going through the mall parking lot

oblivionnewtonjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad choice really
Tires not wide enough to spread that much for 8 inch wide wheel
Backspacing will give you issues

UNLIFTED = 7 inch wide wheel with 5 inches of backspacing
Lifted even those will cause issues with rubbing etc

What's available aluminum that doesn't look like Metal Militia/Affliction? I like a more subtle classic, rugged look.

oblivionnewtonjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems I'm rather stuck. I got a quote to powder my stock steelies, but 7-10 turn around. So I'll be without my daily, or I can source another set of steelies, add 50-200 to the cost of the $525 powder job for 5 wheels.

I did find some 16x7 but the offset is still not close to stock. Is there any known brands that offer close to stock specs? All the usual 4x4 places seems to have 4-4.5 which is still quite shy of the needed 41mm stock.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did find some 16x7 but the offset is still not close to stock. Is there any known brands that offer close to stock specs? All the usual 4x4 places seems to have 4-4.5 which is still quite shy of the needed 41mm stock.

We run either stock wheels with 1.25" spacers, or JK steels (tad more backspace) with 1.5" adapters. Either one brings 245/75R16s out flush with edges of the flares.

That would suggest you could run aftermarket wheels with up to 1.25" less backspacing than stock.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
We run either stock wheels with 1.25" spacers, or JK steels (tad more backspace) with 1.5" adapters. Either one brings 245/75R16s out flush with edges of the flares.

That would suggest you could run aftermarket wheels with up to 1.25" less backspacing than stock.

But she is not lifted
and if you do that stock with sagged suspension :Bye::favorites68::Insane::emotions34:

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But she is not lifted

Drat. I missed that detail.

Explains why one of my extra KJs had spindly aluminum 'car' wheels - presumably for the correct backspacing.