2006 Libby 4x4 - Need tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yafacio

Reaction score
So I need tires. Currently she is wearing 235/70/16, factory size 225/75/16

I do have 4x4 but I don't off-road. I might drive a fire road a couple of times a year. Mostly I use my Libby for bike transport and dogs.

Which tire size makes the most sense for me? I think 225 would offer better gas mileage, is that correct?

Thanks!

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock size will always provide you with the best MPGs so I'd go with that if I were you!

Kaden

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could always go a size bigger 245/70/16. I noticed maybe 1 mpg lost after I put mine on. And by the way 235/70/16 and 225/75/16 are both stock tire sizes on the Jeep Liberty.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Measure sag first before you try and go bigger as some have suggested
middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare on the left front sitting on level ground

jeepsterkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I need tires. Currently she is wearing 235/70/16, factory size 225/75/16

I do have 4x4 but I don't off-road. I might drive a fire road a couple of times a year. Mostly I use my Libby for bike transport and dogs.

Which tire size makes the most sense for me? I think 225 would offer better gas mileage, is that correct?

Thanks!

Stock size for the KJ is 235/70R16, so you already have the right size tyres! As, like me, you don't plan to go off road anytime soon, I would suggest getting low rolling resistance road tyres to save fuel and if you are currently running on steel rims, consider getting some new or used alloys to save weight, which will help save even more fuel (as well as improving the look of your KJ). I'm running on Jeep Grand Cherokee Ultrastar five spoke alloys fitted with Alfamotors DK365 235/70R16 106H tyres, which have an excellent Euro B rating for both fuel economy and wet grip, plus a very high treadwear rating of 440, so they will last a long time. I paid only £118 (GBP) for four on ebay UK, with free next day delivery, but you can order them direct from China on Alibaba cheaper than this.

Latest posts

Members online