15" 10.5w

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mfitch

Reaction score
I have a 04KJ and recently purchased a 3" Rough country lift... A friend has some 15" 10.5"w with a 3" offset wheels i want to purchase but have no clue what tire size i should be looking for? Please help

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 04KJ and recently purchased a 3" Rough country lift... A friend has some 15" 10.5"w with a 3" offset wheels i want to purchase but have no clue what tire size i should be looking for? Please help

You're not really serious are you?

OK here is the real truth
first forget the spacer lift, 99% of the KJs are already sagged 3/4 to an inch
( to check measure in front, middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare, your 04 would of been 19 inches new )
installing a spacer lift " may " get you 1-1.5 inches, ...maybe
PLUS your suspension is worn out so a spacer lift will ride like crap and not handle at all well
Third , wheel size, 10 inches is way too wide, plus 3 inches of backspacing, you'll never be able to get out of the garage
and another thing there is no tire that we can run that will fit on a wheel like that .
NOW, full spring lift is the best and only real way to go
wheels, either 7 inches wide with 4 inches of backspacing or 8 inches wide and 5 inches of backspacing
The 8 inch wide there is only a couple of tires that will fit right so stay at 7 inches
NOW on fakebook they may tell sure it'll be fine, but then sit back and laugh at ya.
Here we'll tell you the truth and try to make sure you actually have something to drive in the end instead of a lawn ornament .

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would listen to what to what TOM has to say! You can buy cragar soft 8's 15x7 w/4bs wheels from summit with center caps and lug nuts for under 300 bucks. Thats shipped to your door. I'm sure if you look around you can probably some wheels even cheaper. I know that price is accurate cause i just did it last week.

I went spacer lift and now i'm already changing it. Is it a must. no, do I want to. yes! I put new struts in at the time of the spacer lift i used also. If i start adding up what I actually spent I wasn't to far off of being able to just went with OME stuff or for a little more JBA stuff. Which is what I'm switching too now. Just do some reading and spend smart the first time. I can say that cause I'm spending smart the second time! lol

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Check Jegs as well
their brand of black wheels
JEGS Performance Products 681100
Baja-8 Steel Wheel Diameter & Width: 15 x 7"
Baja-8 Steel Wheel
Diameter & Width: 15 x 7"
Bolts & Bolt Circle: 5-4.5"
Back Spacing: 4"
Powder Coated Black
Made in the USA
are 58.99

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They come,
they ask,
they don't like answer,
they never come back
:emotions34::gr_grin:

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They come,
they ask,
they don't like answer,
they never come back
:emotions34::gr_grin:

I've seen the trend! lol

I kinda hovered around here before I signed up and noticed a lot of 1-10 post people. Most asking questions and probably having it answered and then never return to say if that fixed it or not. That usually means it got fixed and they dont need us anymore!(says the guy with less than 100 posts!lol)

I'm all about helping other when and if i can, sometimes its my downfall. You know how it goes. Always help a neighbor fix their car or house but they are usually busy when I need something! It's all good in my book, they dont get helped to much anymore.