15” wheel question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on tire size as well
I have over 3” of lift, 31s and 15x7 TM5 wheels with 4” BS and it is extremely close to rubbing at full lock even with pinch welds flat and bumper trimmed
Tires stick out exactly where I like it, about an inch outside the fenders at most and has the perfect stance IMO

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2-2.5" lift. 30x9.5's Grabbers with pinch welds hammered over and front plastic heated and molded out of the way. No rubbing.

You must be registered for see images attach

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2-2.5" lift. 30x9.5's Grabbers with pinch welds hammered over and front plastic heated and molded out of the way. No rubbing.with 4.5” backspacing on wheels

Have you measured how much space you have between the tire and pinch weld and full lock? Also take into account turning while having compression through bumps and I bet it’s pretty close to rubbing
That’s the only time I get close to have rubbing issues
If you went with a more aggressive tire which made them slightly larger and ran 4” backspacing it’d be much closer to rubbing which is why I stated that tire size is important as well as what backspacing you choose
I have 31” Goodyear Authority’s which have very aggressive tread for an A/T and it’s pretty much pushing it to the limit being at about 3.25” of lift
This looks like a good setup for 2.5” though

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was originally running the much more aggressive Cooper SST Pro's and never rubbed those either. The wheel well plastic by fog light access flaps was the primary issue for me until I heated and molded it more forward.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lower the number for backspacing, the further out the wheel will sit
So yes that would be better