tj bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BADKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got almost the same one. Just have to get around to mounting it...
You must be registered for see images attach

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it can fit with a welder...but why did they leave the factory bumper in place? OP needs to post more info.

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OP posted that and never came back. How annoying. 1BADKJ how's your build coming? Getting anywhere yet?

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Have no idea why he left stock bumper on if that is real. I mounted a TJ bumper and mounted a 12500lbs winch to front of mine by using the D-ring thread for inspiration.
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f293/how-install-front-d-rings-25615/index6.html I bolted nothing,just stick welded 2in.x1/4 square tube into the pockets then added winch plate and TJ bumper. If one took time to follow the threads instructions for D-ring mounts it could be done very cleanly. I just needed it to hold winch and me on the end of a line.
Prior to mounting winch

After winch mount/before Custom Splice syn.line

Point being most any bumper can be attached.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quite frankly I don't think it's permanently mounted. It's probably being held up by something in the spots for the signals and likely something where the tow hooks go as well.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:think::boxed:

It looks really halfass'd with the bumper in the back. I am hoping it was just propped up in front of his bumper as reference and not actually somehow installed this way.

Actually had a chance to buy one of these off a guy in the local jeep club for $150 but passed figuring there was no way I could get it to mount. Sort of wish I'd have grabbed it.