Snow in July :D

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Got me a foam cannon :D
You must be registered for see images attach

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It seems like trying to fix that sway bar issue is a full time job lol. I think there's more money to made in detailing, not sure. :D

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like it? Been looking for something like that for my pressure washer. Link please of what you bought(if it's worth buying)
Thanks
Bert

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been about a year now, any long term reviews on this? Anyone have recommendations? worth it/not worth it? which one to buy? I'm still pondering on getting a foam cannon for my pressure washer.

Bert

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Damn, sorry I didn't see it sooner!

I had to replace that one in that pic. There's a little foam filter in the nozzle that if you don't wash it out right, it eventually hardens. It's replaceable, but when I went to take mine apart, every single fitting stripped out. So I had to get another one.

Is it worth it? I don't know. It looks cool. But, just doing a two bucket wash with grit guards in both buckets is just as safe. The one advantage the lance has is that you can let it soak for a few minutes and that helps get bugs and stuff like that off. Plus, you should always use a pressure washer any way (unless you're doing a rinseless or waterless wash), so I figured may as well use this.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
photobucket is screwing you.

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I ordered one right after I posted that this morning. I got the cheapest one on Amazon.ca, which is still more expensive that what you guys pay down there. Has great reviews, basically VERY similar to the one thechemicalguys are selling.https://www.amazon.ca/Professional-...F8&qid=1499648857&sr=8-2&keywords=foam+cannon Well now that I searched again for the link, it turns out it's not the cheapest, but when I searched this morning it did come up as one of the cheaper ones:icon_confused: Anyway, it should be here by the end of the week. I'm going to pick up a jug of McGuire's Gold Class soap, it's currently on sale at Canadian Tire.Reviews of the Foam Cannons in general seem to be more positive than not, so here's hoping, but regardless, ya it looks cool!:gr_grin:

Bert

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ya I ordered one right after I posted that this morning. I got the cheapest one on Amazon.ca, which is still more expensive that what you guys pay down there. Has great reviews, basically VERY similar to the one thechemicalguys are selling.https://www.amazon.ca/Professional-...F8&qid=1499648857&sr=8-2&keywords=foam+cannon Well now that I searched again for the link, it turns out it's not the cheapest, but when I searched this morning it did come up as one of the cheaper ones:icon_confused: Anyway, it should be here by the end of the week. I'm going to pick up a jug of McGuire's Gold Class soap, it's currently on sale at Canadian Tire.Reviews of the Foam Cannons in general seem to be more positive than not, so here's hoping, but regardless, ya it looks cool!:gr_grin:

Bert

Yeah, start with "cheap" soap and then work your way up to the expensive stuff. Use about 4-6oz. Fill the bottle with warm water, then add soap. Allegedly it makes a difference. :happy175:

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, start with "cheap" soap and then work your way up to the expensive stuff. Use about 4-6oz. Fill the bottle with warm water, then add soap. Allegedly it makes a difference. :happy175:

So update, I've used my foam cannon several times now, and I'll say I like it. definitely helps in:
a-loosening up the bug juice and other grime/dirt
b-Keeping the vehicle sudded up/sudsy as I wash with the wash mitt

Rinses off nice and leaves a decent shine.

So Hoosier, what soap do you use? Or what would be an expensive soap?

All in all I give it thumbs up!

Bert

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm still messing around with soaps. I've tried Chemical Guys Mr. Pink and Wash n Gloss, but it's just super expensive and I can't say it's better than OTC stuff. I'd just experiment. Use about 4-6oz, fill the bottle first with warm water then add soap.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Whatever that new pink Meguire's one is...Walmart has it. Favorite soap, reminds me of Duragloss. Haven't used it in the foam cannon though.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Got me a foam cannon :D

Why are the pics blurry? Is that photobucket's way to get you to click on the images?

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So update, I've used my foam cannon several times now, and I'll say I like it. definitely helps in:
a-loosening up the bug juice and other grime/dirt
b-Keeping the vehicle sudded up/sudsy as I wash with the wash mitt

Rinses off nice and leaves a decent shine.

So Hoosier, what soap do you use? Or what would be an expensive soap?

All in all I give it thumbs up!

Bert

I never really understood the "Cheap" comment about the Gold Class, nevertheless it's also commented on in this vid and associated comments, which pretty much sums it up.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I now have a jug of Mr. Pink, and I guess I was hoping to be blown away, which I AM NOT. does it work? Sure! but after I am done with it will just go back to the Meguiar's.

Bert

Latest posts

Members online