Go Back   Jeep Liberty Forum - JeepKJ Country > Member's Forums > Off Topic

Register to remove these ads.

Off Topic

Random Thoughts Thread

This is a discussion on Random Thoughts Thread within the Off Topic forums, part of the Member's Forums category!
Register to remove these ads. It's free! Originally Posted by Marlon_JB2 I want to cut my hair off. I want ...

Discuss anything here, as long as it's reasonable.

Like Tree6427Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2017, 12:30 AM   #49531 (permalink)

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Originally Posted by Marlon_JB2 View Post
I want to cut my hair off.
I want to cut my hair on!
turblediesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:32 AM   #49532 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Marlon_JB2 View Post
I want to cut my hair off.
Originally Posted by turblediesel View Post
I want to cut my hair on!
Maybe you guys could makes some sort of deal.

927/948 OME Springs|||Bilstein Shocks|||JBA Upper Control Arms|||General Grabber AT2 255-70-16|||Rage Black Widow Roof Rack|||Viper 3606V Alarm System
profdlp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:32 AM   #49533 (permalink)

Kombat Edition Jeep

Gonna take a little bit more than Flowbee to cut this off.

Tom, I have a bunch of little annoying reasons. But at the same time, I don't want it to go...

KJ Country's Resident Jeep Employee!
Marlon_JB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:54 AM   #49534 (permalink)

#2 buzz on the sides and #3 on the top. keeps the hair nice and short. also i'm showing signs of male pattern baldness, so i'm getting everyone used to the idea of me having little to no hair now. as soon as it gets bad enough I'm going BALD.
  • OME 790/948/90009/N32
  • Western Suburbanite 7'4" plow
  • DetoursUSA Backbone
  • HF 12k# winch
WTB: project liberty near N.NJ. stick shift, 4x4, working motor optional, CHEAP
sota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:36 AM   #49535 (permalink)

Originally Posted by sota View Post
#2 buzz on the sides and #3 on the top. keeps the hair nice and short. also i'm showing signs of male pattern baldness, so i'm getting everyone used to the idea of me having little to no hair now. as soon as it gets bad enough I'm going BALD.
Wow , too short well for me
Thank goodness at 63 still have a full head of hair, no bald patterns yet, hopefully never
Always had longer hair , pony tail almost to my waist for years ,
04 Kilimanjaro Edition
4.5 INCH JBA LIFT/ 32s/4.10s/ etc
03 OVERLAND EDITION, Timberline Green Pearlcoat, JBA 2.5 inch Total Control Lift, Kilby gas tank skid, Skid Row, 4XGuard mixture, MOABs, 265-70-16s, 4.10s, Mudds bumper
05 Limited/stock for now
tommudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:01 PM   #49536 (permalink)

Looking at getting a cheap beater to commute in for a while since I now work for FCA. Would like a 4x4 as I am movin' to the country, plus I have two rugrats to lug around frequently.

1st Gen Durangos seem to fit the bill - prices are rock bottom. Any thoughts on a '01-'03 Duango 4x4, 4.7L with 140k-150k on it? 4.7L hold up well? Overall platform hold up well?

For what it's worth, my wife is blowing through the mileage on her lease (our situation has changed in a few ways since we 1st leased it). My thought is to keep my beater 135k '03 Yukon I picked up 6 months ago for her to rack up miles on here and there, and for me to have a spare for when the inevitable hoopty breakdown occurs with either the Durango or Yukon.

I just don't have the time or desire right now to continually wrench on the thing every other week. Trying to weigh out the cost savings vs effort/headache of another beater and was interested in all of your thoughts on the Durango.
Electronics: 10" Kappa Perfect/Lanzar Vibe 211, 2006 EVIC, Midland 75-822 w/3' Firefly
Suspension: OME 926/947 w/extras, Rancho RSX, 245/75-16 Cooper Discoverer AT3
Atrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:19 PM   #49537 (permalink)

Gold Supporter/Admin

My biggest reservation with a Durango of that era (or, even the 04-09) is the rust. Just makes stuff so much harder to deal with. They all seem like rust buckets, more so than anything else from a similar year. Never owned a 1st gen one but used to have an 05 that I got new.

Other than that, I don't really think they'd be much different from anything else Chrysler in that era. I'd rather get a WJ.
96 XJ Country
It's better to have a winch and need it than to not have a winch and not need it
HoosierJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:24 PM   #49538 (permalink)

Originally Posted by HoosierJeeper View Post
My biggest reservation with a Durango of that era (or, even the 04-09) is the rust. Just makes stuff so much harder to deal with. They all seem like rust buckets, more so than anything else from a similar year. Never owned a 1st gen one but used to have an 05 that I got new.

Other than that, I don't really think they'd be much different from anything else Chrysler in that era. I'd rather get a WJ.
Thanks, Hoosier. I had the same concern about rust, although, my Yukon isn't exactly pristine. In fact, I had the pleasure of joining the exclusive GMT-800 owner's club in which the brake lines literally crumble apart. Luckily it was 2 miles away from home at a traffic light when it occurred.

I'd love a WJ, but the prices are higher and condition typically worse. I see many a rusty Durango for sale, but I have 2 or 3 local options on ye olde Craigslist that look darn clean from the pics.

For example, there's a 2003 SLT 4x4 with 142k miles. Looks clean. He's asking $2600 but the ad indicates he's very negotiable.
Electronics: 10" Kappa Perfect/Lanzar Vibe 211, 2006 EVIC, Midland 75-822 w/3' Firefly
Old 10-12-2017, 02:53 PM   #49539 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Atrus View Post

1st Gen Durangos seem to fit the bill - prices are rock bottom. Any thoughts on a '01-'03 Duango 4x4, 4.7L with 140k-150k on it? 4.7L hold up well? Overall platform hold up well?
Ball joints,shocks,exhaust manifold bolts,any issues with the 3.7 the 4.7 also has,and the biggest issue is the front knuckles.

The front knuckles of that era(includes that era of Dakota's also) have a bad design mounting the calipers to the knuckles,easily strips out the knuckles.They have a over sized caliper pin kit but that is a band aid at best and once those strip you have to get new knuckles,only there is no new knuckles so you have to hunt for good used ones and that is mission impossible and has been for 5+ years now.Basically once that happens the vehicle is un-driveable.
tjkj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:56 PM   #49540 (permalink)

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
Ball joints,shocks,exhaust manifold bolts,any issues with the 3.7 the 4.7 also has,and the biggest issue is the front knuckles.

The front knuckles of that era(includes that era of Dakota's also) have a bad design mounting the calipers to the knuckles,easily strips out the knuckles.They have a over sized caliper pin kit but that is a band aid at best and once those strip you have to get new knuckles,only there is no new knuckles so you have to hunt for good used ones and that is mission impossible and has been for 5+ years now.Basically once that happens the vehicle is un-driveable.
Woah - good to know! Thanks! I had no idea on that. That's the kind of info I was looking for.

Man, maybe I should be patient and just wait out a nice WJ/WK. Seems like decent 4.0 WJ's can be found, but I just worry that'd be a little underpowered. I think I'd prefer a V8.