WJ Rear Lower Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Does anyone know if WJ rear lower control arms will bolt right up to the KJ? I'm thinking about getting the IRO adjustable arms to try them out. Yes I understand that I need to adjust the top for pinion angle since they are longer...but my hopes that the adjustable arms from IRO might start a little bit shorter than stock LCAs. I am going to measure this when I get home. IRO states that their arms range from 15 3/4" to 19 3/8". I also understand that a longer upper and lower arm will change the swing of my suspension when it gets stuffed...possibly causing rubbing issues.

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/10152.html

Let me know your thoughts on this as I would really like to get some things tweaked in my rear end. (Giggity) :happy175:

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Well, good luck is all I can say too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Whats the reason behind the idea of using them, just curious
Longer lower arms would make that you would need longer upper, then of course when you stuff it won't be centered, then have to lengthen driveshaft , then....well you know , change one thing 5 more things will need to be changed or modified

Last edited:

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some stock WJ arms in my parts pile. They're ~3/4" longer. I'm tempted to try them to help my pinion angle. (needs to come down a smidge). Bushing at diff end is about 3" wide, and body end is slightly less... 2-7/8" or so.

Last edited:

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mine seems like rears could be pushed back a little no? Maybe OP's is like this?

IRO's doesn't look like its curved like the dude said from the picture.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mine seems like rears could be pushed back a little no? Maybe OP's is like this?

Cycle the rear suspension and you will see it centers.The rear moves in a constant arc and why it looks that way lifted.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats the reason behind the idea of using them, just curious
Longer lower arms would make that you would need longer upper, then of course when you stuff it won't be centered, then have to lengthen driveshaft , then....well you know , change one thing 5 more things will need to be changed or modified

As stated I understand that things won't be centered at full stuff. I just want to be able to move the arms back a tiny TINY bit to adjust the pinion with my longer upper arm. I've been getting bad vibes for some time now because of the angle.

While not flexed...yes it looks like it can be pushed back. But flex the rear up and it'll swing into position.

Cycle the rear suspension and you will see it centers.The rear moves in a constant arc and why it looks that way lifted.

This is correct.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darn! I never got to look at mine at full flex. I guess thats what trailing with buddies are for!

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got the upper wj a arm from iro right? I cant wait to install mine! Still waiting on bracket.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you measured your current pinion angles with the bad vibes ? I assume its the IRO upper arm not being short enough, also where did you get the upper bracket from for the arm ? I feel it might be easier to just make/have made a new bracket that sits a tiny bit further back ?

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you measured your current pinion angles with the bad vibes ? I assume its the IRO upper arm not being short enough, also where did you get the upper bracket from for the arm ? I feel it might be easier to just make/have made a new bracket that sits a tiny bit further back ?

Never took exact measurements but I know for a fact it's not right (just by eye). And you are correct. It's because the IRO arm is just a bit too long with the flex joint. I have already been in direct contact with the gentleman that had the bracket made up. Since I've been so patient and helping him create a production version, he's going to send me the new bracket for free. I had to rig mine up to get it to work and he wasn't OK with that (drill bigger holes, put a single washer between the bracket and the axle bolt holes due to a small space).

Was in contact with my guy today and he has the bracket in hand. Just modding it a bit and fitting it up to an axle of his before he sends it out.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never took exact measurements but I know for a fact it's not right (just by eye). And you are correct. It's because the IRO arm is just a bit too long with the flex joint. I have already been in direct contact with the gentleman that had the bracket made up. Since I've been so patient and helping him create a production version, he's going to send me the new bracket for free. I had to rig mine up to get it to work and he wasn't OK with that (drill bigger holes, put a single washer between the bracket and the axle bolt holes due to a small space).

Was in contact with my guy today and he has the bracket in hand. Just modding it a bit and fitting it up to an axle of his before he sends it out.

nice, i see where now in your description my bad. I have one on the way ( hopefully soon ) from the same place. Also hope some of the improvements are there too. All flex joints may make a difference also.

I had the jba ylink ext for a bit, no matter how i set it up it always caused driveline vibes so i know how annoying that gets

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice, i see where now in your description my bad. I have one on the way ( hopefully soon ) from the same place. Also hope some of the improvements are there too. All flex joints may make a difference also.

I had the jba ylink ext for a bit, no matter how i set it up it always caused driveline vibes so i know how annoying that gets

That was exactly my dilemma. I might go up another half inch in the rear too. Hopefully the slip yoke will be fine with it. I'm at about 4" right now with JBA springs and Monroe shocks.

The guy we're working with seems to really care about us. He has been taking his sweet time (been working with him since about August)...but I understand that he needs to help design and use a company to get it fabricated so I'm willing to wait. Plus this isn't my DD so i can let her sit for a little while. I still start her up for an hour or so every now and again to at least keep the engine fluids moving.

Latest posts

Members online