What's this noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A new noise popped up a couple of days ago... never a good sign :blah:.

https://instaud.io/2qc7

It's coming front the front driver's side. As far as I can tell, all suspension components are in good shape and torqued down properly. Both ends of the front driveshaft appear to be in good shape as well.

The noise isn't there constantly, it randomly comes and goes. Both at low and high speeds. I don't feel any vibrations.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It turned out that the heads of the bolts on the front end of the front driveshaft were hitting the exhaust downpipe right in front of the driver's side catalytic converter.

Not sure how this was even possible, since everything is still bolted down tight and doesn't move no matter how hard I pull on it. But the damage to the heads of the bolts proves that it did happen somehow... and then fixed itself somehow :Insane:.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That's weird for sure...I remember one time I was doing an oil change and I noticed one of my driveshaft bolts was loose. Hadn't touched it in years.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
It turned out that the heads of the bolts on the front end of the front driveshaft were hitting the exhaust downpipe right in front of the driver's side catalytic converter.

Not sure how this was even possible, since everything is still bolted down tight and doesn't move no matter how hard I pull on it. But the damage to the heads of the bolts proves that it did happen somehow... and then fixed itself somehow :Insane:.

Something else has to be wrong, two unmovable objects do not suddeny start hitting, stop, do it again sometimes etc
Also they do not repair them selves

Latest posts

Members online