WANTED: Trailer hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aaronjmartin

Reaction score
Hello, went to a local salvage yard earlier and found a trailer hitch on a 06 jeep liberty, just what I had wanted. I had removed one bolt when i fpund out thr other 3 had been rusted away, and rounded off. Couldnt think of amy practical way of getting those off. Does anyone know of another vehicle trailer hitch, that works with the Liberty's. If not, is anyone selling theirs?
Thanks

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, went to a local salvage yard earlier and found a trailer hitch on a 06 jeep liberty, just what I had wanted. I had removed one bolt when i fpund out thr other 3 had been rusted away, and rounded off. Couldnt think of amy practical way of getting those off. Does anyone know of another vehicle trailer hitch, that works with the Liberty's. If not, is anyone selling theirs?
Thanks

I'm in Ft Leavenworth near KC and I have a Jeep Liberty hitch that was on my 05. PM me if interested.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one I'd be willing to let go for $50 + shipping. I can post pics if you're interested.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't someone post recently that they aren't put hitches on, but a hitch like piece of metal that meets the recall requirement, but isn't rated for towing?

Yes, early on parts availability was crap to nil, so they put the trailer hitches on in lieu of the actual reinforcement bars... which are really a trailer hitch with no receiver.

Lately people have been getting the no receiver "hitch". So it's going to depend on what your dealer has on hand or can order from distribution.

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score