Vehicle mounted hot water shower systems.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
We want to add a hot water system to out Rig so that when we are out in the bush for a week or longer we can wash the fumundercheese and have a good hot shower!
Originally I was going to use our propane fueled, temperature adjustable Henkel on demand hot water heater/geyser with a high volume electric pump. (Very similar to the one pictured below only a little more compact.) but then we'd have to carry more propane with us which takes up more space and adds weight to an already fully stuffed KJ!
The bonus with this system is that I have everything to get it up and running for around $100.00 and will most likely go this route.

You must be registered for see images attach

The other alternative is to build my own system with a high quality compact heat exchanger that I could mount under the hood or behind the front bumper skin or possibly under the KJ and a high volume electric pump under the hood.
I'm not opposed to buying a complete shower system like this Helton Vehicle hot water/Shower Kit.

You must be registered for see images attach

Helton Hot Water Kit - Vehicle Mounted Shower

But I figure I should be able save quite a bit of money with a DIY hot water system.

Anybody here on the forum have one of these or a similar system?
If so, how do you like them and are they worth the cost?
Any of you fellow Canadians have one? If so did you buy it in Canada or state side?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
John, ( JJsKJ) on LOST check with him, his wifes KJ had one on when the got it
He was trying to sell it a couple of years ago but he maybe able to give you some insight

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
So I decided to just go with the the on demand hot water heater that I have.
A 20 lbs. propane tank will give us between 30-40 hours of actual hot water.
All in it will cost me about $20.00-$30.00 to get this shower/hot water system
up and running.
No more from under cheese!

Latest posts

Members online