Transfer case rebuild time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huxley

Reaction score
So I finally figured out the clicking when I drive that starts after it warms up and only happens during low rpm. Happens wether it's in park or drive or reverse or 4x4. It's the transfer case. Bad bearing. Makes sense now.
Any way, I'm hoping someone knows where to get a rebuild kit for a 2007? I've found a few places but I can't narrow down exactly which one I need.

Casey.N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting, ive got a slight click and thought it was engine starting to knock, of course i hear the click when its cold, and been driven for hours, i only hear it under 2k rpms. do you hear it under 2k rpms and nothing after that, or is the click present no matter what?

Huxley

Reaction score
I hear it after it warms up a bit. After that it's mostly heard as I'm driving through a parking lot or at 1200rpm or lower. In park I hear t a little bit mostly in gear. If I press the gas a little tougher like coming out of a red light, it's not noticeable. Just low rpms. Like if I'm in drive and keep my foot on the brake and lightly touch the gas, it's very noticeable. Checked all my CV joints and they are in great shape. No play on any of the shafts. All that's in very good condition. It sounded like it was transmission wich is why I'm pretty certain it's the input shaft bearing. But I'm just gonna find a rebuild kit and rebuild it anyway. Can't hurt.

Casey.N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a rebuild will never hurt, other than maybe your knuckles and some time lol, I wanna say I hear similar knocks, I really hope I dont have to do the same, and im not to intune with the underside of the jeep, and pulling stuff off to fix, like im afraid to drop the driveshafts to replace the cv's as ive got about a 1/4" rotational play in my rear drive shaft, ive got no up and down side to side movement, just rotational play, i wanna say thats normal, but do you think my CV's are worn out from a 1/4" of rotational play?

Latest posts

Members online