transfer case low ratio kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hadtomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello.

I am kind of starting to think about a lowering my transfer ratio. from 2.72 to something lower like 1:4.0-for crawling purposes. however i cant find anything for the liberty. although i guess they have the same transfer box as the cherokee.

any ideas?

Kj/toy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello.

I am kind of starting to think about a lowering my transfer ratio. from 2.72 to something lower like 1:4.0-for crawling purposes. however i cant find anything for the liberty. although i guess they have the same transfer box as the cherokee.

any ideas?

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, did it....terra flex kit. I still have the slip yoke. The installer will have to machine a part for it to work......its loooowwwww, geared like a tractor....

Try 4.3:1 t-case low range,3:1 1st trans gear,and 5.13 diff gears..................

I have to give it gas to go downhill otherwise it will stop on it's own.

hadtomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try 4.3:1 t-case low range,3:1 1st trans gear,and 5.13 diff gears..................

I have to give it gas to go downhill otherwise it will stop on it's own.

cool- thanx for the reply. i am already in the process od ordering a set of 4.10 ratios for the axles.
however- i cant find any retailer who sells a complete off the shelf product. only 4 the cherokee. any ideas?

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool- thanx for the reply. i am already in the process od ordering a set of 4.10 ratios for the axles.
however- i cant find any retailer who sells a complete off the shelf product. only 4 the cherokee. any ideas?

This is a link to an old article about a KJ with a Klune-V Extreme Underdrive installed. I don't think the product is made anymore so you would have to look for a used one. If $ was no object and I could find one of these I'd do it in a heartbeat.

2002 Jeep Liberty - Transfer Case Tech - 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score

cant find the gears ? or by off the shelf do yo mean full assembly ? Gears, pinions, master installs etc can be found on jba and the like

hadtomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cant find the gears ? or by off the shelf do yo mean full assembly ? Gears, pinions, master installs etc can be found on jba and the like

yes-i mean the specific product

Latest posts

Members online