TPMS problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjash

Reaction score
03 liberty. I am getting a bad/missing sensor error. Evic shows all 4 sensors. Went into diagnostics mode. All 4 sensors are counting at about the same speed, yet I keep getting the message. Need a Guru please.

Thanks

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re train all of them and see if it goes away. Had mine do that and once I trained them all was well.

How do you go into diagnostics mode?

OHIO04KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same problem here. I retrained them, but to no avail. Spare does have one.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Glad I don't have this. I also removed all the sensors from my 2008 Vibe, after the Wal*Mart fiasco... I had one bad sensor, it was leaking air cause SOMEONE put a chrome cap on it, that was smaller, and crushed the valve and it leaked air when you took the cap off. So they would NOT install their own tires I bought there, just because of one bad sensor. They also would not replace all the sensors with regular valve stems.

SO, I took the tires to someone else, and had all four sensors removed and regular stems put in. SO my light blinks for a while, the stays solid. I also own and operate coin operated air machines, so I check it all regularly anyway...

m_volyrakis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EVIC SELF-DIAGNOSTIC TEST

A self-diagnostic test is used to determine that the
EVIC module is operating properly, and that all PCI
data bus messages are being received for initial operation.
Initiate the self-diagnostic test as follows:

1. Ignition off
2. Press and hold both the C/T and Reset buttons
3. Turn ignition to "On"
4. Release buttons after you see the software revision appear on the display
5. Following completion of these tests, the EVIC will display one of the following messages:

Pass Self Test
Momentarily depress the Reset button to return to the compass/computer display mode. The EVIC is working properly.

Failed Self Test
The EVIC module has a failure. The EVIC module is faulty and must replaced.
Not Receiving J1850 Message
The EVIC is not receiving proper message input from the PCI data bus. This can result from one more faulty electronic modules in the vehicle, or a faulty PCI data bus. The use of a DRB scan and the proper Diagnostic Procedures manual required for further diagnosis.

mjash

Reaction score
I have retrained the sensors again...same thing. I have the 4 sensor system. This problem just started last week. There is a mode that you can go in that counts the sensor output signals to the evic. Seems fine all sensors are sending signals at about the same rate. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Members online