For those with a flat Hood -

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I would post this for anyone else who has an 05' or 06' Renegade KJ with the exclusive flat hood/higher grille, and like me might have wondered how many were made. Well here are some answers from Jeep -

To put things in perspective, Jeep sold 963,540 KJ liberties in the U.S.A.. In just 2006 jeep sold 133,557 liberties. Only 7,934 of those were Renegades. And if you have a bright silver one like I do then yours is one of 679.

I couldn't add the numbers for the 05 Renegades because the jeep rep needs the last 8 digits from an 05 Vin # to get accurate production numbers. But if someone wants to send me those digits from their Vin I will add that info. :)

Boomhawr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a Renegade, but that is still interesting. Thanks for posting it. I have the fancy shmancy �� 65th Anniversary Edition 06 Liberty.

(Stupid smileys don't want to post).

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
QUOTE=Damotee;708065]I have an 05 Renegade and much prefer the flat hood. Gives it a more aggressive look imo.[/QUOTE]

Nothing against the other liberties, but I totally agree. And the more wrangler-like hood and grille make it look more like a traditional Jeep.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought I would post this for anyone else who has an 05' or 06' Renegade KJ with the exclusive flat hood/higher grille, and like me might have wondered how many were made. Well here are some answers from Jeep -

To put things in perspective, Jeep sold 963,540 KJ liberties in the U.S.A.. In just 2006 jeep sold 133,557 liberties. Only 7,934 of those were Renegades. And if you have a bright silver one like I do then yours is one of 679.

I couldn't add the numbers for the 05 Renegades because the jeep rep needs the last 8 digits from an 05 Vin # to get accurate production numbers. But if someone wants to send me those digits from their Vin I will add that info. :)

See very easy to get the info isn't it?