Go Back   Jeep Liberty Forum - JeepKJ Country > Jeep Liberty - KJ (02 to 07) > KJ General Discussion

KJ General Discussion

Thinking about making a change, need advice from like minded people (KJ owners)

This is a discussion on Thinking about making a change, need advice from like minded people (KJ owners) within the KJ General Discussion forums, part of the Jeep Liberty - KJ (02 to 07) category!
One thing that does not sit well with me about the JL Rubicons is that now they have ATs instead ...

General discussion forum for KJ Liberty's

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2017, 11:32 PM   #31 (permalink)

Gold Supporter/Admin

One thing that does not sit well with me about the JL Rubicons is that now they have ATs instead of MTs. If they softened on the tire choice, you know under the skin it's even more poser. The Rubicon name shouldn't be applied to anything 4 door even, those things are a bus off road and need massive lifts and tires to get a good break over angle.

Yeah, I know I run ATs but I don't act like the KJ is a KOH buggy, it's a solid jack of all trades vehicle, the Rubicons should be a no compromise off roader, like how the TJs were (within reason of what can be sold new).
adamkrz and KJ604 like this.
96 XJ Country
It's better to have a winch and need it than to not have a winch and not need it

Last edited by HoosierJeeper; 12-28-2017 at 11:35 PM.
HoosierJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:15 AM   #32 (permalink)

Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
I've seen some vids of that new GM also,and right in my neck of the woods in Colorado.Even been to the same area's they took it on,what they didn't show you was the line of prius's and subaru's that passed a few mins ahead of them to view outlook.

I've also wheeled with some stock Rubicons,the TJ Rubicon's yeah could take a beating but the JK version not so much when stock.They really cheaped out on the JK.
Yeah fair enough. I'm not familiar with the areas they were at and I realize lots of the videos are Chevy giving someone a vehicle to do a "review".

The good news is I have seen a few videos of guys jumping them already so hopefully we'll find out what they're really made of soon.
2005 Patriot Blue KJ - 115000 kms - 3.7L, 6 Speed NSG370, Command-Trac, Trac-Lok, Front: OME 927/90009, .25" top plate, .375" clevis spacer, JBA lifted UCAs, Rear: OME 948/N132L + 1 extra iso per side, Black Rock 16 x 7's wrapped in 245/75 Goodyear Duratracs, 4Xguard rock sliders

KJ604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 08:20 AM   #33 (permalink)

I would go the Rubicon.
Jeep KJ V6 Renegade 05, OME/Bilstein 2.5" Lift, ARB Front Air Lockers, ARB Bull Bar, ARB IPF HiD Lights 100W, Safari Snorkel, Grande Winch 12K, Maxxis 980 245/70/16 All Terrain, TX3400 GME UHF, Baintech Dual Battery System, JBA-A Arms, Mopar Skid Plates, Custom Roof Rack, Wanderer Side Awning.
Damotee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 08:32 AM   #34 (permalink)

Originally Posted by KJ604 View Post
Yeah fair enough. I'm not familiar with the areas they were at and I realize lots of the videos are Chevy giving someone a vehicle to do a "review".

The good news is I have seen a few videos of guys jumping them already so hopefully we'll find out what they're really made of soon.
Jumping them only means one thing, some jerk thought it would be either fun or an advertising " look at me " so next day was back in the dealership/ shop getting suspension reworked.
Buddy took his old 1968 Plymouth station wagon with 340,000 miles and jumped it over a ramp we made in the hay field couple of years back. He did drive it another two days to work before he laid down alongside the road.
04 Kilimanjaro Edition
4.5 INCH JBA LIFT/ 32s/4.10s/ etc
03 OVERLAND EDITION, Timberline Green Pearlcoat, JBA 2.5 inch Total Control Lift, Kilby gas tank skid, Skid Row, 4XGuard mixture, MOABs, 265-70-16s, 4.10s, Mudds bumper
05 Limited/stock for now
tommudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:21 AM   #35 (permalink)

Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
Jumping them only means one thing, some jerk thought it would be either fun or an advertising " look at me " so next day was back in the dealership/ shop getting suspension reworked.
Buddy took his old 1968 Plymouth station wagon with 340,000 miles and jumped it over a ramp we made in the hay field couple of years back. He did drive it another two days to work before he laid down alongside the road.
The guy I've seen with the most jump videos is a fellow I've been following on their forum. The videos don't have an advertising feel to them. They seem like they come from a legit owner who is a bit crazy, but I wouldn't go so far as to call the guy a jerk. He starts off small and everyone eggs him on to hit it harder so he keeps posting more vids of himself hitting it harder each time. And I'm.not sitting here saying I need a vehicle that can be jumped I'm saying that there are already guys beating the piss out of these trucks so it won't take long to find out what's going to break them. So far that guy hasn't put up any posts saying he broke his truck. So far....
2005 Patriot Blue KJ - 115000 kms - 3.7L, 6 Speed NSG370, Command-Trac, Trac-Lok, Front: OME 927/90009, .25" top plate, .375" clevis spacer, JBA lifted UCAs, Rear: OME 948/N132L + 1 extra iso per side, Black Rock 16 x 7's wrapped in 245/75 Goodyear Duratracs, 4Xguard rock sliders

Old 04-16-2018, 11:53 PM   #36 (permalink)

Picked up my 2018 Colorado ZR2 last week and said goodbye to my KJ this past weekend. Its been fun, thanks for all the help guys!

I have a pair of 927 springs that were used for about 500 kms and a pair of 60069 shocks that were used for about 500 kms if anyone wants them I will sell for a good deal.

Last edited by KJ604; 04-16-2018 at 11:57 PM.