Thinking about buying a 2005 limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stinsonbr

Reaction score
Hey all,
Thinking about getting my girlfriend a Jeep and trading in her Mazda. I've had an xj for the past 6 years and love it (225K and still going strong), and was wondering about any common issues with the kj? I found a 2005 limited with 106K (3.7l) for about $7000, no issues with anything so far. Would this be a good deal? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
As with any vehicle all depends on how they were taken care of before.
05s on up have some issues with window regulators
other than that just normal wear items unless it has been run hot at some point

My 04 has 192,000 and I'd take off for California tomorrow with nothing more than throwing in some extra clothes. But I've seen some with 90,000 I wouldn't go to the nearest hardware store with

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have an 05 Limited....and knock on wood, never have had a window regulator fail. KJs are great. 115k on mine.

bassmanbob

Reaction score
I have an 05 Limited....and knock on wood, never have had a window regulator fail. KJs are great. 115k on mine.

Ditto, 113k on my 05 limited and its a champ. May have to do some suspension work because I hit a deer a while back... but regular maintenance goes a long way on these vehicles. Regular fluid changes and just keeping an eye on everything has helped me keep my jeep running just fine.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 and no window regulator issues. It's been pretty good so far and I have had it since new and it has been used off road. I try to keep up with the routine maintenance.

Most had a lower ball joint recall and you can go on jeep.com and under "owners services" and put in the vin# to see if there is any open recalls. Some in states that use too much road salt also had a rear control arm replacement. (mostly in the Northeast States I think) Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Other than that just check it out good like any used vehicle.

Let us know how you make out.

Dave