strange noise????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

faderjake

Reaction score
this is my set up ome med spring/bilstien shock lift just installed everything else stock 78000 miles. my cv axles just went down hill, i had some steering wheel shake with some poping in 4wd. So i went with the napa reman., well one of them because the pass. side was boxed wrong from napa and dident fit. i was in a jam for time and went to advanced auto got a pass side one and put it back togather. the jeep seemed fine the first day i could hear a whistling noise but that went away, now i have a clunk or pop on the pass side:shrug: over bumps and when turning sometimes. The weird part is when its wet out it happens a lot more frequent? I checked everything and its all tight :disgust:

faderjake

Reaction score
well i guess what im asking is if anyone has had experence with advanced auto cvs on a lifted liberty? or if any one ever had a strange noise in the front end when its driven in the rain or wet out?

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
NAPA remanufactured CV's are recommended because others are made in China and have been known to sometimes be an incorrect length for our KJ's. Incorrect parts may cause interesting noises, knocks, etc.

dhartford3

Reaction score
strange noise ?

Depending on the amount of lift you have it could be your spring hitting the upper control arm. A friend of mine lifted his and had issues with the UCA's. I purchased JBA UCA's and havent had a single issue with clunking with 3" of lift. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Members online