Rocker Panel Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Verification

Reaction score
I will be replacing the rockers soon. Any ideas on how to make them not rot? Horrible original design

Verification

Reaction score
Good idea but I don't have anything to make those bends. Would silicone along the bottom to seal it up work to prevent crap from getting trapped after new ones are on?

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I replaced the outside skins I coated both sides. The outside of the panel and inside with truck bed liner. After I installed , I got s $8 can of paint match from autostore and sprayed the outside. Looks great - like that rock chip guard that new trucks get.
I also sprayed fluid film inside the rocker every so often. You drill an access port or look under your plastic foot step mount- some years have holes under them.
You can get the fluid film and wand for around $20 combo on eBay. They also sell it at any auto store too. (Just not the wand. You only get the red plastic straw)

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea but I don't have anything to make those bends. Would silicone along the bottom to seal it up work to prevent crap from getting trapped after new ones are on?

I didn't bend them, just welded the pieces together.

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I replaced the outside skins I coated both sides. The outside of the panel and inside with truck bed liner. After I installed , I got s $8 can of paint match from autostore and sprayed the outside. Looks great - like that rock chip guard that new trucks get.
I also sprayed fluid film inside the rocker every so often. You drill an access port or look under your plastic foot step mount- some years have holes under them.
You can get the fluid film and wand for around $20 combo on eBay. They also sell it at any auto store too. (Just not the wand. You only get the red plastic straw)

With stock replacement rockers, this is about the best that can be done.

Latest posts

Members online