replacing dome lights??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my dome lights are in the overhead console and i have tried using a flathead to take off the covers but when i apply pressure it doesnt pop off. i dont wanna break it. any ideas?

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i almost forgot, my left taillight went out n when i go to take out the screw it doesnt even budge. yes i do have the right screwdriver, t25 torx

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're referring to the dome lights in the EVIC, you have to pull the EVIC down to replace the bulbs. There is one Torx screw holding it on, in the end closest to the windshield. Then just pull the EVIC straight down. For the tail light, you might just need a little more elbow grease.

frekeyguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're referring to the dome lights in the EVIC, you have to pull the EVIC down to replace the bulbs. There is one Torx screw holding it on, in the end closest to the windshield. Then just pull the EVIC straight down. For the tail light, you might just need a little more elbow grease.

Whats the EVIC light bulb called?

You must be registered for see images attach

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a PC bulb, but they're not serviceable. What I ended up doing is going to radio shack and buying 12V bulbs and reusing the black base. Worked great.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Whats the EVIC light bulb called?

That looks like the same size as an LED bulb.
What's stopping you from retro fitting a single 12 volt LED in place of that little bulb?

I'm in the process of finishing up a multi bulb LED module conversion to my
dome lights right now!

12 LED bulb module per side.

Dome light trim panel with extra switch fitted to turn off the Residual LED glow when ignition is on.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dome light trim panel with extra switch fitted to turn off the Residual LED glow when ignition is on.

Ry, I read on another forum that if you wire the original incandescent bulb in line with the LED's the 'residual glow' will go away because the BCM will see the current draw from the original bulb and kill all power to the circuit.

Not being an electrically savvy DIY'er I don't know if that's true or not. Your thoughts? I'd like to go LED with the overheads and under-dash courtesy lights but don't want them glowing when the Jeep is shut down.

Bob

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ry, I read on another forum that if you wire the original incandescent bulb in line with the LED's the 'residual glow' will go away because the BCM will see the current draw from the original bulb and kill all power to the circuit.

Not being an electrically savvy DIY'er I don't know if that's true or not. Your thoughts? I'd like to go LED with the overheads and under-dash courtesy lights but don't want them glowing when the Jeep is shut down.

Bob

My experience with the under dash lights is that they have a very VERY slight glow ONLY when the Jeep is on. If it's off, no current is going to them and they don't glow at all. I assume it's the same with the overheads?

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
My experience with the under dash lights is that they have a very VERY slight glow ONLY when the Jeep is on. If it's off, no current is going to them and they don't glow at all. I assume it's the same with the overheads?

Yes, as well at the rear cargo area LED dome light.
The rear I can live with but the front two impare vision at night while driving.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.