Removing Vac connector on heater control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddyrat

Reaction score
I have a 06 Liberty. The left background light went out. I ordered a led light bulb and swapped both sides on the heater control panel. The right side lites up but the left side was still out. I took the original working right side light bulb and moved it to the left side and still no go. I would like to pull the control panel out to look at, or to swap, but I couldn't figure out how to pull the big vacuum line plug off. Anybody pull that vacuum plug before?

towpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, it comes off. I can't recall what the "latch" looked like, but I had to gently lift it with a screw driver between the connector and the body of the heater control. but lift one side a little, than the other, than back to the first side as there is actual hard vacuum lines on the heater control that this connector is sliding onto. If you don't pull it off straight it could break these lines.

daddyrat

Reaction score
yes, it comes off. I can't recall what the "latch" looked like, but I had to gently lift it with a screw driver between the connector and the body of the heater control. but lift one side a little, than the other, than back to the first side as there is actual hard vacuum lines on the heater control that this connector is sliding onto. If you don't pull it off straight it could break these lines.

Thanks!!! I found several videos on youtube for a Wrangler TJ and the vacuum connector looked about the same. There were no videos for the liberty but the TJ has two locks, one each side, and pull straight out. Thanks again towpro!