Remote start options...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liberty556

Reaction score
My wife has had a 2005 Liberty (purchased used) since before we were together. It already had a remote starter installed on it. The remote for the starter was separate from the key. Last week, the darn fob broke off of her keyring...no idea where it is...

What are our options here? I have NO idea what brand of remote starter it is. I searched all over the interwebz and cannot find anything that looks like her starter fob.

https://www.suburbanautoparts.com/o...ZYwyD9eANO1rHh7cHxcKvKBWbc4Rg3VxoCOloQAvD_BwE

^^^ this is VERY similar...hers just looked a bit smaller than this.

Is the system on her Jeep probably too old to get a replacement fob? Is that programmable from home without a dealer?

Last edited:

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife has had a 2005 Liberty (purchased used) since before we were together. It already had a remote starter installed on it. The remote for the starter was separate from the key. Last week, the darn fob broke off of her keyring...no idea where it is...

What are our options here? I have NO idea what brand of remote starter it is. I searched all over the interwebz and cannot find anything that looks like her starter fob.

https://www.suburbanautoparts.com/o...ZYwyD9eANO1rHh7cHxcKvKBWbc4Rg3VxoCOloQAvD_BwE

^^^ this is VERY similar...hers just looked a bit smaller than this.

Is the system on her Jeep probably too old to get a replacement fob? Is that programmable from home without a dealer?

Without knowing what brand/model remote start it is, if it was/is factory or a genuine Mopar accessory... not sure you can do anything.

Remote starters and their fobs are not so generic such that any or really, any, can be just programmed to whatever is in there. It's very specific to the brand/model.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look under the dash for the controller box. You might have to remove the driver's side kick panel. That should have the info you need.