Receiver hitch front bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRS244

Reaction score
I'm considering buying a 2002 Liberty for surf fishing. The question is, who makes a front bumper with an integrated receiver hitch? I have a surf rack with a single 2" square stock that slides into the hitch. Hopefully someone can provide some good advice.

Charlesthe2nd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey DRS, the liberty will be great on the beach! Unfortunately, there aren't any bumpers with a hitch receiver built in (that I'm aware of). You could get one built but that is $$$. I think the best option would be having a front mount hitch installed, relatively simple and cheap.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm considering buying a 2002 Liberty for surf fishing. The question is, who makes a front bumper with an integrated receiver hitch? I have a surf rack with a single 2" square stock that slides into the hitch. Hopefully someone can provide some good advice.

jeepinbyal has a Matrix brush guard that has a front receiver on it that can be adapted .
Maybe a few floating around as far as front receivers , used to be some

DRS244

Reaction score
Thanks Charlesthe2nd, Tommudd, and Sota for the suggestions. Still looking for the Liberty to go with the bumper

Tinkrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at:- Curt hitches, etrailer.com, Amazon.com all carry front receiver hitches for jeep liberty

EricNorton

Reaction score
I mocked up and tacked a front hitch using the methods from a dirt lifestyle youtube video using 2 in and a quarter-inch square stock then had it burned in by a friend for 50 $ because my 110 welder was not strong enough and used grade 5 bolts to attach it underneath by tapping the square stock the stock bumper fits with slight modification.

Attachments

• GHXM6289.JPG
    GHXM6289.JPG
    336.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0498.JPG
    IMG_0498.JPG
    434.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0517.JPG
    IMG_0517.JPG
    386.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0567.JPG
    IMG_0567.JPG