rear upper control arm, toast?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4illustrator

Reaction score
I want to install new rear shocks and coil springs, but I'm debating about the rear uca. I've got 120k on a 2007 libby. When I went in for an inspection the dealer said it's just about ready for a new rear uca. Is it? Maybe mileage wise but what are the symptoms? Or maybe tomorrow it will fall off. What would you do?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I want to install new rear shocks and coil springs, but I'm debating about the rear uca. I've got 120k on a 2007 libby. When I went in for an inspection the dealer said it's just about ready for a new rear uca. Is it? Maybe mileage wise but what are the symptoms? Or maybe tomorrow it will fall off. What would you do?

Is the ball joint loose ? Easily check it, but if you are going to install new springs and shocks ( hopefully not stock ones ) then I would replace ( with MOPAR ONLY )

Joenavy85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely worth replacing while you're under there. I'll be changing mine next month when I put in the new coils and shocks. The ball joint is just about shot, makes a nice clunk sound on the 2-3 shift under light load, so it needs to go. As Tommudd said, MOPAR only, unless of course you like having to repeatedly rip things apart to replace them.

Latest posts

Members online