Rear Lower Control Arm Mount Rusted through....Any options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phishinpodz

Reaction score
MN salt/rust might have killed another Jeep, lol

I just got a call from my daughter and her beloved liberty has a major issue. The drivers lower control are mount has rusted completely through.

I will be looking at it this weekend. Do I have any options for a weld on repair piece if there is any solid material left or do I have to break the news to her the jeep is dead?

Any help will be greatly appreciated and I will attached the picture she sent me.

Attachments

• kj.jpg
    kj.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 30

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow..Does Minnesota mix glue in with their road salt?
That does not appear to be a DIY repair and if that one area is like that, what about the rest?
You could have a pro body shop look at it, but I am afraid of what they would say at this point.
62590[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

All I can say after viewing that is...I am so glad I got mine properly undercoated early in life.
Keeping the KJ clean & doing preventative rust control yearly is key in salty environments.

Attachments

• JPUYeHO.jpg
    JPUYeHO.jpg
    606.8 KB · Views: 1

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
JBA has long arms for lifted KJs , not sure how they would work for a stock height one

phishinpodz

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! That might just work, lots of solid frame forward of the factory lower control arm mount

Currently already has a 2.5" lift in it so this would be the ticket

Latest posts

Members online