Rear converter exhaust system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the crossover from the driver side to passenger has 2 large rot holes from the heat sheilds. They been patched before but I'm looking for a replacement.
Magna flow makes part numbers 49491 and 93236. They look the same but can't tell the difference. Also they have a bung for the rear convertor sensor. I don't have a sensor back there.
Just looking for any idea or the best route to go.
I was even looking at junkyards and but nothing seems solid there.

Rockauto sells Bosal brand thst the picture looks identical to the magnaflow but only costs $260 shipped.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So the crossover from the driver side to passenger has 2 large rot holes from the heat sheilds. They been patched before but I'm looking for a replacement.
Magna flow makes part numbers 49491 and 93236. They look the same but can't tell the difference. Also they have a bung for the rear convertor sensor. I don't have a sensor back there.
Just looking for any idea or the best route to go.
I was even looking at junkyards and but nothing seems solid there.

Rockauto sells Bosal brand thst the picture looks identical to the magnaflow but only costs $260 shipped.

Junkyards are not allowed to sell used converters ( or couldn't a few years back )
Cheaper ones do not flow as well as the MOPAR ones do
Higher end ones are about 55-60% as efficient if I remember right and the cheapest ones about 30 % or so

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well yea the junkyard ones had the rear cat cut off and honestly I don't even need one. I just though the angle of the cat ext to the muffler would make for a difficult transition using just the flange end and straight pipe with clamps.
I mean heck, if they made after market headers I would ditch the cats all together and use a spacer on the rear o2 bungs. But it's not a performance jeep.
So I have 2 cats and looking for a "cat back" exhaust to muffler but since the pipe contains an unmonitored cat, I'm stuck paying a premium.
And they all have a bung installed

Last edited:

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know but I really don't need thst 3rd one. Just shooting the crap with ya

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
52128736-AD From mopar is $1300....
so looks like I'm gonna have to drop some coin on a magnaflow for the stainless mandrel bend pipes like the OEM one is or get creative with junkyard parts

*****. Hope no one else gets these holes from the heat shield.

I'll have to check my 03 but I'm positive my 02 doesn't have a sensor on the cat before the muffler so no idea why these aftermarket systems show a o2 bung there