Rear Brake Hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All!

Couldn't find a definitive answer for this question via search so figured I would post a thread.

The brake hose that runs from the bottom of the body to the junction block on the axle gets stretched at any type of rear flex. Has anyone ever extended this hose before? Definitely could used it but I couldn't find a how-to.

I was looking at JBA's lines but it doesn't seem like it takes care of the hose that I am referring to?

SS brake hose kit for rear disc calipers

This is the hose I'm talking about. Not a KJ but you get the point:

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks all!

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think I may have found my answer...

Can someone confirm that this kit contains the correct hose?

SS brake hose kit for 4" lift

From the description it sounds like it should contain 3 hoses: The two front hoses into the calipers and the one at the junction block on the rear axle. Just need confirmation from someone a bit more knowledgeable.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Should be the one, have that kit laying down in the basement :emotions34:

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its the same one as in the picture it replaces it with a longer steel braided one

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been considering replacing my rubber brake lines since my KJ is closing in on 200,000 miles and I'm sure the brake lines are original.

I'm going to get the front lifted back up where it should be (film at 11... ;) ) and the rear is still at about 3.75" so that SS brake line kit should do the trick. Didn't know JBA had what's needed - thanks Marty.

What about replacing the rear brake lines from the hard line to the calipers?

Bob

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hardlines shouldn't be moving around at all. Only reason I see reason to replace them if they are visibly corroded quite a bit. I've already replaced my d/f brake hose since it blew out on me. Looking to eventually swap all the rubbers with steel braided so I dont have to deal with them cracking or splitting

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been considering replacing my rubber brake lines since my KJ is closing in on 200,000 miles and I'm sure the brake lines are original.

I'm going to get the front lifted back up where it should be (film at 11... ;) ) and the rear is still at about 3.75" so that SS brake line kit should do the trick. Didn't know JBA had what's needed - thanks Marty.

What about replacing the rear brake lines from the hard line to the calipers?

Bob

I'll check mine tomorrow Bob and take a picture, Got them years ago and kind of forget what they even look like .

Oh and Marlin , not Marty :emotions34::gr_grin::icon_razz::mwah1:

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hardlines shouldn't be moving around at all. Only reason I see reason to replace them if they are visibly corroded quite a bit. I've already replaced my d/f brake hose since it blew out on me. Looking to eventually swap all the rubbers with steel braided so I dont have to deal with them cracking or splitting
They still crack and rot over time. There is still a rubber hose inside the steel mesh.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all. That one rubber line is the only one I have an issue with. The others can all be replaced with stock lines and they wouldn't be in any danger as far as I can tell.

Every now and again I basically hang the whole axle from the single brake line and I get VERY nervous as to what may happen soon down the line...

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Reviving my old thread. Has anyone just created a bracket and extended the mount on the body down a few inches? I actually unbolted the bracket for the time being so the brake hose does not get stretched. But obviously I would like that bracket to be bolted to something solid.

I was thinking I could use a very simple piece of hardware to drop the mounting spot a couple of inches. Then I wouldn't have to buy expensive SS brake hoses (for now, anyway... :D)

This would be similar the way the 06+'s do it for both sides.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Reviving my old thread. Has anyone just created a bracket and extended the mount on the body down a few inches? I actually unbolted the bracket for the time being so the brake hose does not get stretched. But obviously I would like that bracket to be bolted to something solid.

I was thinking I could use a very simple piece of hardware to drop the mounting spot a couple of inches. Then I wouldn't have to buy expensive SS brake hoses (for now, anyway... :D)

This would be similar the way the 06+'s do it for both sides.

Yes would be the same as we do for later models. So don't see why it would not work

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to revive this...but for those who found my thread, I used a couple of straight furniture braces/brackets and some small bolts. Works great to drop it 2-4"!

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats the difference between the gstop ss brake line kit and JBA's ?

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll check mine tomorrow Bob and take a picture, Got them years ago and kind of forget what they even look like .

Oh and Marlin , not Marty :emotions34::gr_grin::icon_razz::mwah1:

OP is Marty

Latest posts

Members online