Random Chime and A/C not Blowing Cold Air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duhnlic

Reaction score
I have a 2006 KJ Limited 3.7L

I recently replaced the Climate Control unit with a 'Dorman' model replacement
(to get the lights on the panel working again as well as a few air-flow modes to work again) (successful)

I also recently replace my blower motor resistor (successfully)

HOWEVER, since I did the repair, my Jeep will randomly chime (5 times like the seat belt chime but only one set of 5/no indicator light) and then my blowers (keeping the same amount of airflow power) stop blowing cold air. I tends to happen when I slow down but it has not been limited to just that factor.

My thought was that the Freon was low and this 'chime' was a warning to fill it up. But when I checked that my gauge said I was overcharged.... which just isnt possible its been over 2 years since I charged it last.

I have also had the opportunity to look under the hood as soon as the 'chime' starts; my compressor is still running.

Please help me figure this out! I live in Texas and 90% of my commute is stop n go highway traffic.

Last edited:

dougmac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine chimes for low washer fluid. I didn't figure that out right off the bat.
I also had the oil pressure sensor fail and would get a chime from it.

duhnlic

Reaction score
So as it turned out my radiator was busted and leaking. The engine was overheating and the dinging was my computer telling me of it redlining. Why I didn't notice that before i posted, is beyond me. now on to replacing my 02 Sensors

Members online

No members online now.