Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben03limited

Reaction score
Are there any factory radios that fit the KJ that came with an AUX port? Want to upgrade but don't want to go aftermarket right now. Thanks

djtimyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On eBay, there are plenty of the RBK radios that have been modified with an AUX jack.

Like this one as an example for a hundred bucks.

If all you are looking for is an AUX input, I'd go with an aftermarket. It will perform better and be much less expensive. If you have you heart set on an OEM, your only choice is a modified one. There is even a thread here on how-to modify the RBK. None of the radios (AFAIK) that came with the KJ have an AUX input as an option or standard.

There are adapters that you can buy that will add an iPod interface - it fakes a CD Changer and operates like the satellite radio. I have seen mixed results, and couldn't find it quickly. IIRC, they were also spendy, in the neighbourhood of $100.

Hope this helps!

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a modded one, mod yours yourself for about $4 in parts, or install aftermarket are pretty much the only options you have.

derekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On eBay, there are plenty of the RBK radios that have been modified with an AUX jack.

Like this one as an example for a hundred bucks.

If all you are looking for is an AUX input, I'd go with an aftermarket. It will perform better and be much less expensive. If you have you heart set on an OEM, your only choice is a modified one. There is even a thread here on how-to modify the RBK. None of the radios (AFAIK) that came with the KJ have an AUX input as an option or standard.

There are adapters that you can buy that will add an iPod interface - it fakes a CD Changer and operates like the satellite radio. I have seen mixed results, and couldn't find it quickly. IIRC, they were also spendy, in the neighbourhood of $100.

Hope this helps!
I have one of the USA Spec iPod adapters in my truck. Plugs into the CD changer port on the back of the radio. It works pretty good. This is my 3rd USA Spec iPod adapter I have owned - I have had good luck with all of them. My Liberty has the Infinnity stereo.

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Ben03limited

Reaction score
Cool guys thanks. I'll do some poking around online. I'm good at wiring other then being color blind(the wife helps on that part) I've seen the stock ones moded with Bluetooth too. That's more my style. I'll try to let you guys know what I find.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Grom Audio adapter in mine. It’s been perfect.

djtimyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a list of the Grom adapters for Libertys. Looks like a basic aux in runs seventy bucks. Bluetooth will be double that...

I'd look at doing a mod yourself. I wouldn't spend $140 to add Bluetooth to that original radio when you can get so much more in a new radio for the same or less. It looks like you are comfortable enough with electronics to do some modding... and I'd say that is your best bang for the buck.

Ben03limited

Reaction score
Here is a list of the Grom adapters for Libertys. Looks like a basic aux in runs seventy bucks. Bluetooth will be double that...

I'd look at doing a mod yourself. I wouldn't spend $140 to add Bluetooth to that original radio when you can get so much more in a new radio for the same or less. It looks like you are comfortable enough with electronics to do some modding... and I'd say that is your best bang for the buck.

For sure. I saw a video where they took the aux cord end of a Bluetooth adapter and wired it into the CD changer port. I'm looking for that to try the same thing.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$150? You can get aftermarket with install kit for less.
What about a usb / blue tooth cig lighter port that broadcasts to FM? Those are $20

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Chrysler Dodge Jeep Auxiliary Input Adapter Kit (CHR02A1)

And I don't know on the Infinity speakers. Never looked. No problems on my end.