Purchased an ‘06 Liberty. Need Help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bofromseattle

Reaction score
Two main things.

1. Part-time light is stuck on in 2HI, but turns off in 4HI and 4LO. Liberty doesn’t seem like it runs as it should in 4HI. Should I start with changing the automatic transmission fluid, then the transfer case switch, then the case (this going cheapest to most expensive)? Or is something more wrong?

2. I think I need new speakers because the radio is playing and audio only comes from driver door. Anybody have speakers to sell?

Thank you.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Two main things.

1. Part-time light is stuck on in 2HI, but turns off in 4HI and 4LO. Liberty doesn’t seem like it runs as it should in 4HI. Should I start with changing the automatic transmission fluid, then the transfer case switch, then the case (this going cheapest to most expensive)? Or is something more wrong?

2. I think I need new speakers because the radio is playing and audio only comes from driver door. Anybody have speakers to sell?

Thank you.

The transfer case switch is bad, no big deal, many writeups on changing it from underneath

Door speakers, who needs music in a 4x4 anyways ? LOL

Rsb563

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my ‘07, I had only 1 speaker working (Pass front). Replaced radio and speakers all at once. Think it was the radio.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You can change it from underneath, there's a how to on here. Just need a 1.5" socket (shallow).

It could be the speakers or a wiring harness issue. Mine occasionally does it, but if I turn it up then back down or push the wiring in the door jamb boot, it'll work again for a few months. Been like that for years. I have some extra speakers I'd sell you, if you'd be interested.

Latest posts

Members online