Power steering pressure hose bracket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can get just the bracket that goes behind the headlight? Someone put a new hose on before I got it but no bracket. :favorites68:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Shit, a year ago this weekend I would've had a spare but I pitched it. I bet they didn't want to deal with the bracket, usually you have to drill out a bunch of nutzerts and stuff. I just cut a small hole in the headlight support thing to get at the bolts.

Can you get a cheap hose and then use it for the bracket? The bracket comes off easy.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you get a cheap hose and then use it for the bracket? The bracket comes off easy.

That or the JY was my first thought but even the cheap ones aren't so cheap when looking at that little bracket. Thought I'd ask for the cheaper solution first just in case someones seen one.

Make one , be easy enough to do I'd say.

Probably go this route but thought I'd hit the easy button first. :gr_grin:

Doesn't seem to hard to get to the spot on mine. Really just two screws and the grill pops off then maybe remove the headlight assembly and it is (should have been) right there,

Thanks for the suggestions!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's under the headlight surround thing, it's kind of tricky to get to but doable without taking the radiator support etc apart.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you only put in one of the two bolts its easy to get to on my 07 once you pop the grill off.

Last replacement was custom hose from a local shop and zipped the ends off the busted hose and used compression fittings, did not have a metal U in the middle just hose. Tried to make the bracket work. didn't have rivets at the time to put it back with the new hose. rolled without it for 2 years. I wouldn't loose sleep over it.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any whining from it?

Exactly why I'm asking. When it's cold it's dead silent since I put on the new pump. When it warms up it gets a bit noisy when turning. I'm thinking the aftermarket hose may not maintain the pressure when warm like the OE would but figured I'd try the bracket to isolate the hose before I tried swapping it. Figure I'll fab something like Tom suggested to eliminate the hose contacting something first. If still noisy I'll get a Mopar hose. Easy swap but a bit of a pain to bleed... :favorites68:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Without the bracket, the flow might be messed up and therefore the pressure. It has that bracket for a reason, probably a precise deal. I'd just replace the hose, I got an Edelmann from rock auto and it's fine. Did you replace the return lines too? TJKJ told me that the return lines get pinhole leaks in them over time that don't leak fluid but can suck in air and create whining. Mine's basically deal silent now with the new cooler assembly, Mopar PS pump and new HP line. Whines a bit at first start up but I don't know of any silent PS system. It's quiet after it's been running for a few minutes. As good as it ever was.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without the bracket, the flow might be messed up and therefore the pressure. It has that bracket for a reason, probably a precise deal. I'd just replace the hose, I got an Edelmann from rock auto and it's fine. Did you replace the return lines too? TJKJ told me that the return lines get pinhole leaks in them over time that don't leak fluid but can suck in air and create whining. Mine's basically deal silent now with the new cooler assembly, Mopar PS pump and new HP line. Whines a bit at first start up but I don't know of any silent PS system. It's quiet after it's been running for a few minutes. As good as it ever was.

I'm hoping it's just a flow or contact issue and the bracket will fix it. I keep hearing all these complaints about whining from aftermarket hoses ON OTHER VEHICLES. Not on KJs as far as I can tell. Pretty sure the pressure line was put on just to sell it last December. Saw that comment from TJKJ while searching and thought that return line might be the issue but like I said, only when warm. I think the issue with the return line is when its cold then it seals as things get warm and swell. Also never any bubbles in the tank. Right now it's an order of magnitude better than with the old pump so I'll probably just live with it if the bracket doesn't fix it. Like you said, I don't think any PS system is dead silent. I hope to try to fab something this PM while listening to some football out in the doghouse, I mean garage.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I read the same stuff about aftermarket hoses on other vehicles too. If you can just find a way to mimic the geometry of the bracket, I'd say it's good.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any whining from it?

Power steering pump was a bit loud from years of busting hoses as it was still original and i literally busted one every year or atleast 5of 7 before i did the replacement. get some duratracs you'll never hear the powersteering unless at low range speed.

Unless you get the length exactly wrong such that you get a resonance, longer than stock will be just fine. Mine was eyeballed from the existing stock one and made a little longer as it would provide more fluid/dampening /etc.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online