Power foldaway mirror switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think that's a Euro spec KJ feature. I've never seen the hardware for it.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah its an Export spec.....lovely feature.

I have the folding mirrors....both sides... but not heated....heat not needed here!
Where I live currently I do not have a garage or carport so the Jeep has to sit in the hot sun all day so I bought a good waterproof cover...for a Jeep...to cover it up every day.

Folding the mirrors back before covering up make life much easier!

The switch is a sort of narrow toggle switch that sits just below the left/right/up/down mirror switches....hold it down on the one side and the mirrors fold in....hold in the other side and the mirrors folds out.

Also useful if you get into the Jeep and see that someone has bumped one of the mirrors...you pull the mirrors inwards and then outwards with the switch and they go back to their original position.

You would need to get this switch and the special mirrors from Europe somewhere or E bay and wire them in!

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see these power folding mirrors on Ebay for under $40 with a lifetime warranty. Power Folding Heated Passenger Side View Mirror Right Door w Lifetime Warranty | eBay

If they are what I think they are, they fold away with a switch. Where do you get a switch with this function on it?

Thanks

John

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure what they are describing is the North American spec mirrors we have here. They aren't "powered folding" but "powered, foldaway" mirrors; look at the actual fitment table at the bottom of the page. Sounds like the same thing but every ad I've seen on eBay is actually describing a mirror that folds (manually) but has powered mirror glass that might also be heated.

I'd love to have what Billwill has on his South African export model - fold those babies up in crowded parking lots, car washes and in my garage to keep them from getting hit. :waytogo:

Bob