Please help.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coledurango

Reaction score
I have an 03 liberty 3.7l that will not run.. Had aP0112 code for iat..I replaced it with no luck..been troubleshooting and found that its reading over 300° is not faulty..I can pull it out of intake and leave plugged up and jeep will start and idle but is rough and iat reading sits around 102°.. if I try to install iat temps jumps above 300 and jeep shuts off.. seems like intake air temp is getting above 300° what could cause this..

Conundrum2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure the temperature is correct? My guess would be faulty wiring, maybe wiring is moved as the intake is connected . I'm not sure what the intake could be taking in to hit 300 degrees.

Here is a link for someone trouble shooting a 4.0 wrangler but it should be the same in principal. There may be better advice for libertys .

http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/jeep/4.0L/diagnosing-P0112-trouble-code-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 03 liberty 3.7l that will not run.. Had aP0112 code for iat..I replaced it with no luck..been troubleshooting and found that its reading over 300° is not faulty..I can pull it out of intake and leave plugged up and jeep will start and idle but is rough and iat reading sits around 102°.. if I try to install iat temps jumps above 300 and jeep shuts off.. seems like intake air temp is getting above 300° what could cause this..

I'm guessing you dropped a valve seat and the hot combustion gases are getting back into the intake causing the 300+ degree IAT temps.

Would explain the rough running also.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could I determine which cylinder by compression testing.. What are my repair options..

Yes a compression test you tell which cylinder(s).

Your either looking at a new head(s) or if the damage is bad enough a new engine.If you have high miles just plan on a remaned engine,no point putting a new head(s) on a high mileage lower end.

But you will want to find the cause of the overheating before repairing if a valve seat did drop,the only reason why a valve seat drops(overheated engine).