Placing of jack stands??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this where u all put ur jack stands?

Thats where the jack is sussposed to go, so i figured thats where they should go. But when u let it down onto those it actually lifts the back of the jeep up b/c there so close to the center of the jeep. It puts alot of unneeded stress on the uni-body i think.

You must be registered for see images attach

TRAILN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woah....To get them there you have to jack it up REALLY high.

I just put them under the control arms. Alot less effort

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeepster, are those 2 1/2 ton jack stands, or did you go higher? I bought a pair for a five tire rotation, just for added safety (but I just passed 4k, so still a few months away from 6k).

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, those are the 6 ton, i got them for christmas from the parents, i also got an awsome creeper from them. heres a pic of all my new stuff. I bought the jack and lights about a month ago with my own money. i also wanted the stands for tire rotation and brake jobs etc.

And TRAILN, i would have to put it a whole lot higher to get it under the control arms, or do u jack it up from the control arm so it dosent let the wheel come down? I was afriad it would be unstable to put them there. And yea, i did have to jack it up high, i tried the front cross member then had to use the ****** cross member b/c my jack maxed out.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6 ton huh? Cool. Nice set!

I just bought the 2 1/2 ton stands for safety incase the jack gave out. I'm just going to do one tire at a time since I'm using the spare. I assume I would need the 6 ton if I were leaving all the wheels up. Right? I haven't bothered to do my own rotations on other vehicles before, but after reading posts on JU, it doesn't sound like I can trust the techs to do a five tire rotation correctly. Part of my reason to do the five tire is to use up the spare. I'm looking at those REVOS someday... =D>

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
6 ton huh? Cool. Nice set!

I just bought the 2 1/2 ton stands for safety incase the jack gave out. I'm just going to do one tire at a time since I'm using the spare. I assume I would need the 6 ton if I were leaving all the wheels up. Right? I haven't bothered to do my own rotations on other vehicles before, but after reading posts on JU, it doesn't sound like I can trust the techs to do a five tire rotation correctly. Part of my reason to do the five tire is to use up the spare. I'm looking at those REVOS someday... =D>

no, u wouldnt need the 6 ton, unless u can find a way to use one jack stand to hold the entire jeep up, the libby weighs 4200lb, if u have 4 jack stands at each wheel, 2 ton would be fine for that. what im going to do is, put the jack stands under the front, then jack the whole rear up with the jack from the center of the rear end. But im thinking twice about that, if something did happen and the rear fell, it could really mess the brakes up, or kill someone. so i might put the stand under the front and then jack each back up one at a time. and im not using the spare, im going lf to br, rf to bl, and then the back stright up. thats what the om says to do.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I see what you are doing. Yes, you wouldn't want your KJ to fall... [-o<

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Oh, I see what you are doing. Yes, you wouldn't want your KJ to fall... [-o<

Actually had mine fall at a tire shop one time. Jack gave out and the front crashed down to the ground with no tires or wheels on it. No damage thank goodness, but boy was I pissed off. ](*,)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do u all think this is unsafe? its on fairly level ground, and it only stayed like this long enough to get pics then i put them back on, im rotating the tires.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool picture, but that scares me! [-o<

I don't see jack stands on the back as well? I would do so just for safety.

Personally, I'll use my spare and do that one tire at a time.

Also, was that at 6k?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Cool picture, but that scares me! [-o<

I don't see jack stands on the back as well? I would do so just for safety.

Personally, I'll use my spare and do that one tire at a time.

Also, was that at 6k?

what he said......

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: couldnt resist...

SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
how'd you get ur jeep to float?.... :-k

You must be registered for see images

Mastered the Force, he has :alien:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Re: couldnt resist...

SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
how'd you get ur jeep to float?.... :-k

You must be registered for see images

heeeeeeehehehe!!! Nice photoshop! jeepjeepster, that looks like some nice wheeling country. I'd have fun just going up and down those hills. (with my foot on the gas though.. don't want to roll back into somebody's house! \:D/ )

What part of KY?