Go Back   Jeep Liberty Forum - JeepKJ Country > Jeep Liberty - KJ (02 to 07) > KJ General Discussion

KJ General Discussion

Passenger side water leak

This is a discussion on Passenger side water leak within the KJ General Discussion forums, part of the Jeep Liberty - KJ (02 to 07) category!
Hi..I'm a new owner of a 2007...both the drivers side and passenger side carpet was wet...mainly the passenger side all ...

General discussion forum for KJ Liberty's

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By LibertyTC
  • 1 Post By uss2defiant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2018, 02:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Passenger side water leak

Hi..I'm a new owner of a 2007...both the drivers side and passenger side carpet was wet...mainly the passenger side all the way to the back seat carpet.I dryed them out and investigated during a heavy rain and found a pretty good amount comming from behind the padded area on the firewall where the air box is and a little dripping from the blower motor area...So I used some 1/4 inch foam weather stripping from the hardware store and resealed the fresh air intake....I ran the hose around the intake area and no leaks...I thought I fixed it...but after another heavy rain and it still leaking from behind the padding on the fire wall.(i dug up an old picture and i can see it was leaking from the front too.the padding is pretty wet...and also I noticed some drips of water at the a/c drain under the hood which don't make sense really considering we haven't used the a.c...and for some reason I hear something cycling like the a.c. even when the a.c. isn't on..is that normal?....the photo is where I seen the good sizes dripping and the soaked padding ...any info would be appreciated....the other picture was taken before I fixed the fresh air intake.thanks

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Last edited by marky38; 05-13-2018 at 03:12 PM.
marky38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 08:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Chasing fresh water leaks on the KJ is no fun. Generally you have to experiment with a garden hose to find where the leaks are coming in from.
It is normal that the compressor engages when set to defrost or any of the * AC settings, even in winter.
Normal that water comes out the drain, that is good if it does when compressor runs, as it means it is not plugged up.

With the plastic windshield cowling removed get a few pics please, be interested to see what yours look like along firewall for cracks etc even in welds.
The foam along firewall and welds edges etc was cracking a bit and silicone was used in many areas in & around there to seal things up

For fun might also want to run a bead of a urethane sealant along top edge of windshield I had also a leak there too.
ltd02 likes this.

Need A Push?
LibertyTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to uss2defiant Send a message via MSN to uss2defiant Send a message via Skype™ to uss2defiant

Passenger side water leak
ltd02 likes this.
~170k Miles
My KJ youtube playlist for ref. https://tinyurl.com/jeepkj

uss2defiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 02:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

I found that rubber piece laying in that area...Where does that go?...and i did see a suspect seam too..Ill have to take a few pictures.....Also the air intake only had nuts on one side ..not on the side closest to the fender....so i put some on...not sure if they came with them on that side from the factory....What size hose is that for the a/c drain?..Thanks
Old 05-19-2018, 02:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

No one seems to know where that rubber piece is suppose to go.
Do you have the drain hose present? if not would have to look it up on the parts listings.
Yes please take some photos & post them, would like to see them even on drivers side as well/seams.

Need A Push?
LibertyTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

i just wanted to update this thread...I tried to get pictures of under the cowl but couldnt get one of the wipers off..So I installed a piece of tubing on the evaporator nipple and its been dry ever since...Thanks!