Passenger Axle Seal and Bearing Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Wondering if there are any special tools or anything needed to get the passenger side axle seal and bearing out. Part numbers 7 and 8 here:

AXLE SEALS for 2004 Jeep Liberty|5066066AA

The picture makes it seem like these parts are more in towards the dif. How true is that? I assumed this can all be taken care of by pulling the CV axles.

Thanks for any and all help you can give me!

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure about the bearing but you just need a seal puller for the seal and a large socket to press it in place.

CaptEO

Reaction score
dude1116, Did you figure it out? I'm replacing the passenger side axle seals and bearing as well. The axle seal and bearing for the inner axle shaft are located on the out side of the axle race. My dilemma is when I ordered the OEM bearing from Mopar I got a plastic bushing that they say replaces the roller bearing, everyone I ask, even the tech at the dealer says that this is correct but it doesn't seam correct...

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude1116, Did you figure it out? I'm replacing the passenger side axle seals and bearing as well. The axle seal and bearing for the inner axle shaft are located on the out side of the axle race. My dilemma is when I ordered the OEM bearing from Mopar I got a plastic bushing that they say replaces the roller bearing, everyone I ask, even the tech at the dealer says that this is correct but it doesn't seam correct...

I have not. I apologize. I have been letting the Jeep sit for a while as she is no longer my DD. It's on the to-do list. Which is way too long for the Jeep if you ask me.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the answer to whether this is an inner or outer seal? My assumption now is inner.

I have a slow leak out the side of my differential on the passenger side. Seems to be slowly weeping out the axle tube where the CV axle meets the tube.

Latest posts

Members online