Part Time 4wd light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRASMAN

Reaction score
Has any one had an issue where your part time 4wd light got reversed and came on when you were out of 4wd and went off when you were in 4wd? Thanks.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the 4WD position "sensor". They always seem to go out eventually. You'll have to replace it, which isn't difficult if you know how to take out your center console. A search on here should reveal at least one thread that shows you how.

BTW, your 4WD works fine without it, so there's no harm in waiting if you can deal with an idiot light on the dash.

Last edited:

bugnout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine became misaligned, lived with it for a couple of months, went offroad and cycled the handle into and out of 4lo a couple dozen times during the day and by the end of the day it was working normally again. Been about a year now, no problems.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine comes and goes as well. Use it one time it stays on drive it two weeks with it on and then use 4 wheel drive again and it goes off for a while :shrug:
I don't really pay any attention to it anymore

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same deal here...right after a 4LO excursion in the snow. Read the "How To" then proceeded to tear out the console, etc. (great chance to clean the road trip crumbs and nooks from spilled beverages). Was one socket away from pulling the switch...but cleaned everthing up, and wah-la, works. :gr_grin: Been good since. Switch replacement isn't always necessary.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My sensor actually completely died. No more part-time light. Totally OK with that. The 4x4 engages flawlessly.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.