Part # check ARB locker and Detroit true trac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mk_v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m getting my re gear done and my mechanic said to check out 4wheel parts because they are cheaper than what he can buy.

Right now 4 wheel parts has the arb lockers on sale.
For the rear ARB locker 8.25 with 29 spline, RD93

And Eaton Detroit true trac up front
Part number: 912A585, Dana 30 27 spline 3.73 and up

Could anyone confirm those are the right parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renedave

Reaction score
The rear axle is easy, and that ARB part number looks good to me. There's no carrier breaks on the corp 8.25 axles, and for ours (Liberty owners) you want ones that are compatible with 29 spline axle shafts. Jeep switched from 27 to 29 spline axles somewhere in the middle of the '96 model year for Cherokees. One of the kids had one of those, and it was a constant crap shoot what part would fit on her Jeep.

Front is more dicey, but according to Eaton's application guide (http://www.eaton.com/ecm/groups/public/@pub/@eaton/@per/documents/content/ct_128302.pdf) that's the correct part for 3.73 & up gearing.

Nice locker combination there, have fun with it!

mk_v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear axle is easy, and that ARB part number looks good to me. There's no carrier breaks on the corp 8.25 axles, and for ours (Liberty owners) you want ones that are compatible with 29 spline axle shafts. Jeep switched from 27 to 29 spline axles somewhere in the middle of the '96 model year for Cherokees. One of the kids had one of those, and it was a constant crap shoot what part would fit on her Jeep.

Front is more dicey, but according to Eaton's application guide (http://www.eaton.com/ecm/groups/public/@pub/@eaton/@per/documents/content/ct_128302.pdf) that's the correct part for 3.73 & up gearing.

Nice locker combination there, have fun with it!

Thanks for the reply. I held off buying the DTT till I could confirm that was the right part for the front. I wasnt totally confident with the guide that Eaton had. The arb was on sale for a good deal so I picked that up.
Thank you.

If anyone knows the right part number for the DTT in front, I’d like to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renedave

Reaction score
I don't have first hand experience with installing the Truetrac in the D30A, but there's never been more than one part number for the 3.73+ version and there's several folks who've installed or had one installed.