P0122 ---> Throttle position sensor voltage low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got this one today, no wonder it was idling strangely lately.
Anything serious!?

I have it along with

441 ---> Evaporative purge flow system not working properly

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sometimes cleaning the sensor, or reseating the TPS sensor will correct it. could be the wiring or actual sensor, clean everything first and see what happens

richre1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok lets clear this one up
the sensor is most likely not the problem or the wiring
on the rear of the car near the rearend listen for a vacuum leak on the evap system boxvery common with libertys
i have gotten a million at the dealer for this

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
122 is back, and now it idles rough, and it does not shift in time to higher gear, sometimes I would be doing 60 with the gear obviously in 3rd, RMP at +3k then it would finally shift up, same with 1st, sometimes it wont go into 2nd in time until I get it moving much faster.

When idling it will jump between 700 to 1500, when I am in Neutral it is just about 1k, I just hit the window switches all four and it really struggles and drops to 700. This could be related to Battery as well as P0122?

Richre1, where is that evap system box? This is bothering me a bit now. It just comes and goes, maybe every 1 month or so for few days.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump.
It comes and goes, sometimes after hard accelleration, sometimes just while cruising, not connected to anything specific. Light would be off for 2 weeks and can come back for 2-3 days, then go out again. How do I exactly fix this?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hyed......why don't you go on the TA run with us on Sat. You have hooks and skids right?? Check the postings in LOST NE. We are all meeting up at Brian's place for fun in the mudd.....I will put my scanner on it and print out the exact problem.

Dave

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
You can test for the correct voltages for the TPS, that information is here in the forum, I posted it for someone else who had to replace their TPS. Someone should make a post with all this information in it, and sticky it in the correct section.