Odd defroster operation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kruzn

Reaction score
OK, so our 2006 Liberty heat/def/AC works great...until the last couple days.

It's been really cold here and on the way to work yesterday I could not get the mode to switch out of defrost until I was half way to work (about 10 minutes).

It did it again this morning. I went out to start the Jeep to let it warm up and the defroster vents were getting all the airflow regardless of where the mode knob was positioned. When I came back out to head to work, it finally switched to floor/dash after I turned it off and back on again.

Is this some weird normal operation (default to defrost) in cold weather, or do I have a control module or door motor going south on me?

Thanks!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm guessing you have a vacuum leak. Might self seal once it warms up, but the default mode when there's a leak is feet/defrost.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an issue where the selector was getting very slow and as it turned out there was a broken vacuum tee under the hood located under the coolant tank.

Latest posts

Members online