Not Much in the Luck Department

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Verification

Reaction score
Transplanted a stereo system with amp and sub. My luck started with drilling through the firewall. I thought I was certain where the bit was going to end up. Saw sparks and Jeep couldn't start. Narrowed it down to changing the ignition fuse under the hood. The wires under the brake booster are impossible to get at.
Driver side door lock switch not working either.
Today someone in the back seat tried the window switch. No go. Worked from the front. Turned the lights on and no dash lights except the odometer and warning lights. The guy in the back couldn't open the right door from the inside.

What have I done????? I'll check fuses tomorrow but I can't be that lucky

Last edited:

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year/model do you have?
Sounds like you drilled into some wires near the BCM which controls most of those functions.

Download the KJ Service Manual for your year KJ here...includes wiring diagrams in section 8W. No manual for 2004 KJ....use 2002 model if yours is a 2004 model!

Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ

Verification

Reaction score
What year/model do you have?
Sounds like you drilled into some wires near the BCM which controls most of those functions.

Download the KJ Service Manual for your year KJ here...includes wiring diagrams in section 8W. No manual for 2004 KJ....use 2002 model if yours is a 2004 model!

Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ

2002. Not sure if it matters that much. The wires are impossible to reach from any angle.
I did read that aftermarket stereos often don't have the wire to tap into the dash/dimmer. Maybe?? The rear window control is a mystery.
I'm going to check out the service manual if it's free.

Verification

Reaction score
The rear door rod appears broken at the pivot point near the latch. Probably from the the child being mysteriously re-engaged and buddy pulling too hard. The dash lights might have been a blown fuse which I replaced. Hard to tell until dark. Driver door lock remains a mystery.