New speaker, stock head problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HatterMT

Reaction score
I have an 04 Limited with the Infinity system. I relocated the amps into the corner of the doors and replaced the front door speakers with 4 ohm Kickers. The back speakers are untouched.

Here's the issue: I have lost 90% of the bass in all speakers, the fade control knob seems to be adjusting the balance left and right. The balance knob still works as intended.

Any ideas? I'm flumuxed, I was carful with the wires, and I don't see how it would get crossed.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 04 Limited with the Infinity system. I relocated the amps into the corner of the doors and replaced the front door speakers with 4 ohm Kickers. The back speakers are untouched.

Here's the issue: I have lost 90% of the bass in all speakers, the fade control knob seems to be adjusting the balance left and right. The balance knob still works as intended.

Any ideas? I'm flumuxed, I was carful with the wires, and I don't see how it would get crossed.

Thanks for the help!
Are you sure the amp isn't grounding out against the door at the wire connection

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

HatterMT

Reaction score
Are you sure the amp isn't grounding out against the door at the wire connection

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure. I covered all the connections. I'm going to open it up and check in a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could just be the head unit going south. I run a stockish head unit an RBU head unit then run an external 800.4 amplifier with infinity speakers and talk about great sound. Running an external amplifier is going to run about 200 for the equipment if you do the install.

HatterMT

Reaction score
It could just be the head unit going south. I run a stockish head unit an RBU head unit then run an external 800.4 amplifier with infinity speakers and talk about great sound. Running an external amplifier is going to run about 200 for the equipment if you do the install.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I'm at the point that where I'll just do an aftermarket HU and bypass the amps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk