New member with lots of question, just changed groups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atvuornf

Reaction score
I never got much response from the other jeep forum and then found this place.

I bought a Jeep blind over the phone with to option to have my deposit back if I wasn't happy.
After a long train ride I bought it. It was a good deal with 80k miles and service history. It's a 2005 Sport 2.8CRD, private owner old guy was genuine.

Usual mirror faults but everything else works. The heater isn't very good so yesterday I fitted new thermostat, it now runs midway and heater is great. Fan doesn't work on speed one so I've ordered a resistor.

Now to my question, I drove home 200 miles without faults but yesterday whilst on a test drive the car lost power and wouldn't rev above 3k. No eml came on. A restart of the car fixed it and it fast again. There was no smoke.

Last edited:

Rich75043

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a damn shame that people will go through such lengths to screw someone. A friend of mine worked at a little car dealership for a bit and they would have him blank out the cel or the abs lights. Because of him I always turn the key to the ON position and make sure all the dash lights illuminate. Good luck with your Libby, hopefully it's nothing serious.

wbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. That's a nice looking Jeep. Good luck with her.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know your country laws but here in the States that is a federal crime with a hefty fine and possible jail time for tampering with the MIL.

Doesn't matter if it was bought "as is" or not.

atvuornf

Reaction score
Thanks lads, I've been out in it all afternoon and it's running fine with no limp mode. I'll get the codes read this week.

Last edited:

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two good sites for your Export CRD are LOST JEEPS • Index page and www.ausjeepoffroad.com

The 2005 Export CRD is very close to the USA models..some minor changes so Lost is good there. The Aussie site has the same Export models as you have and there are some very knowledgeable owners there!

If you do not have the Service Manuals...download the 2005 KJ Service Manuals here:

Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ

This manuals site also has a section "2.5_2.8 Export Diesel" but this is really only of interest as regards early Export CRDs with the fixed-vane Turbo such as my Export 2002 2.5 CRD.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online