Muffler Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a new muffler last night and I was wondering how to install it like this:
where the outlet is just about the end of the exhaust

Thrush turbo muffler and a turndown,$28(muffler+turndown and tax) sounds good and easily replaced when I crush it or rip it off on the rocks.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

but I didnt know how to keep it there, will it need a hanger at the end of the muffler?

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did this exact thing last week on mine. I did add a make shift hanger. I used that cheap metal band hanger stuff that you can buy at AutoZone/Pep Boys/Oreilly's. It actually held fine without adding the hanger. I just felt like it should have one just in case...

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No hanger needed,as in my pics.The hanger that is on the t-case is close enough and it does not move or vibrate at all.Plus it's gives you some give if you hit it on a rock/stump when offroad,that's how I crushed my Borla muffler.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics of mine. Some asked for me to post them. I got the 18" (P/N: 177228) can instead of the 12" that tjkj2002 put on. It was OK without a hanger, but since I had the added weight of the extra 6", I added a hanger.

You must be registered for see images attach

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics of mine. Some asked for me to post them. I got the 18" (P/N: 177228) can instead of the 12" that tjkj2002 put on. It was OK without a hanger, but since I had the added weight of the extra 6", I added a hanger.

Bad place for a hanger:eek:.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad place for a hanger:eek:.

After looking at it again today, I have to agree myself. Going to have to do something better than that, if at all... Taking a second look at it, I think I would have been better off with bailing wire. :eek:

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the lower tone of the 18" Thrush Turbo better than the Magnaflow. Is has a nice low rumble, but not too loud and droning inside the KJ.

Latest posts

Members online