Mobile Radio Antenna Mount for KJ? Anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burro II

Reaction score
Looking for ideas, pics, and experience for two way antenna mount on a KJ. I used a gutter bracket on my XJ for my UHF mobile radio. But these KJ's got no gutters.

How do you do it? Pics? Vendors? etc welcome.

Thanks

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just recently came back here but, I remember a lot of guys were mounting to the spare carrier, years ago anyway. Most were homebrew solutions. Not sure if there is anything on the market.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I have a door lip mount at the top front of the left rear door. The coax is taped to the window frame down to the top hinge. Leave some slack for the hinge to work and tape the coax down the door pillar to the floor... under the seat...

I used wide black vinyl tape and I notched the weatherseal that runs above the door to ease pressure on the coax with the door closed.

I think Comet made the mount which is permanently attached to 24" of skinny coax widening to 3/8" coax.

Last edited:

dillon

Reaction score
I used the FireStik MK-204R on hatch, works great. I tore seats and center console out to route the wire under carpet to the cb.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Flat metal stock bolted to the spare tire brackets, then at the top of the tire bent back over the tire, making a flat enough area for a mag mount or can bolt one on with it bent up right. Have it far enough back that the rear window doesn't hit when opening. Not perfect but works and no always banging off of tree limbs etc

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roof mount 1/4 wave nmo. Cant go wrong with that, much better than anything else.

Latest posts

Members online