MAP Sensor - Clean/Replace!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnnyGoneWild

Reaction score
Just wanted to throw this out there for anyone having idling or fuel economy issues.

I've been slow replacing the major sensors on my 03 KJ. I always had a rough idle since I bought it 2 years ago, and it's slowly gotten worse. I finally came to the MAP sensor which many people said doesn't go bad or get that dirty, except maybe on CRDs. Well, they were wrong. I pulled it out to have a look and a huge glob of engine poo came with. Spent about an hour cleaning the area around the manifold. I ended up just buying a replacement sensor and installing it. The old one was too far gone. So for anyone who hasn't cleaned or checked their MAP sensor. Do it. My rough idle is nearly gone, no more jumpy acceleration, and my 0-60 is down to 4 secs (kidding). Just be careful taking it out. They are very delicate and difficult to clean.

John
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For under $30. Replace

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

libordemise

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to throw this out there for anyone having idling or fuel economy issues.

I've been slow replacing the major sensors on my 03 KJ. I always had a rough idle since I bought it 2 years ago, and it's slowly gotten worse. I finally came to the MAP sensor which many people said doesn't go bad or get that dirty, except maybe on CRDs. Well, they were wrong. I pulled it out to have a look and a huge glob of engine poo came with. Spent about an hour cleaning the area around the manifold. I ended up just buying a replacement sensor and installing it. The old one was too far gone. So for anyone who hasn't cleaned or checked their MAP sensor. Do it. My rough idle is nearly gone, no more jumpy acceleration, and my 0-60 is down to 4 secs (kidding). Just be careful taking it out. They are very delicate and difficult to clean.

John
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Nice! I know what I'm doing tomorrow[emoji96] [emoji106]

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk