KJ Dyno TUNING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casey.N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soon im going to be driving up to Houston to get my 02 kj LE DYNO TUNED!! I'm pretty stoked! And cant wait to see what Ryan at FRP Tuning can do for me, he has done a few 3.7s in the past he said, as well as one here in the future that has ported heads, high compression pistons, and A CAM IN HER!! Sadly my 3.7 doesn't compete but hey my 3.7 runs leaner than a **** and im hoping Ryan can help resolve this for me and as well as skimp every last drop of stock power goodness out of this ol 3.7. im a little worried as ive seen so many dyno tuning videos gone wrong but if all works out, you guys are ganna be the first to know about it! I plan on taking pics of the before tune dyno graph as well after tuning to show yall the difference! And maybe you'll want to hit up Ryan and get your 3.7 tuned as well!! He does email tuning as well as dyno tuning! Its all just based on the information you provide to him and what your wanting to do. Ill be returning hopefully after this weekend with the results but gatta wait for him to hit me back via Email!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Since no one else has commented only looked , I'll be the one

So how much is this going to cost you?

Could be wrong but can't see it doing much without a wheel barrow load of money and complete rebuild of the motor / redoing the puter etc
But good luck
I'm more than happy with mine
and I've owned AAR Cuda, 427 Vette, 390 Mustang etc back in the day

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested to know what the tuning software being used is. Open source ? Or one you have to purchase and register each vehicle and pay per VIN.
Not much you can do besides move timing around a bit and adjust the AFR but dyno tuning is usually just WOT tuning not everyday driving.

I would like to data log stop and go driving , highway cruising and maybe a WOT pull and make adjustments in areas like cruise timing and lean cruise , shift points , convertor lock and unlock etc

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes not needing the WOT at all which is what, like mentioned most tuners go for, need bottom end more , well for most of us. Low and mid range torque is where its at.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can make a chassis dyno say what you want,want 50hp? No problem just fudge a few numbers and instant 50hp more.

Watched a guy take a bone stock JK(200 miles on it) and get it chassis dyno'd,outputed like 180 some HP at the rear wheels.The next day re-geared to 5.13's,and that is the only thing done,no tires,no nothing and re-dyno'd it and this time it stated 340+HP from the rear wheels.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soon im going to be driving up to Houston to get my 02 kj LE DYNO TUNED!! I'm pretty stoked! And cant wait to see what Ryan at FRP Tuning can do for me, he has done a few 3.7s in the past he said, as well as one here in the future that has ported heads, high compression pistons, and A CAM IN HER!! Sadly my 3.7 doesn't compete but hey my 3.7 runs leaner than a **** and im hoping Ryan can help resolve this for me and as well as skimp every last drop of stock power goodness out of this ol 3.7. im a little worried as ive seen so many dyno tuning videos gone wrong but if all works out, you guys are ganna be the first to know about it! I plan on taking pics of the before tune dyno graph as well after tuning to show yall the difference! And maybe you'll want to hit up Ryan and get your 3.7 tuned as well!! He does email tuning as well as dyno tuning! Its all just based on the information you provide to him and what your wanting to do. Ill be returning hopefully after this weekend with the results but gatta wait for him to hit me back via Email!

What about the other one (you do know there's two, right...)? Sean (Hemifever tuning) figured out how to do this years ago...I had my ex-wife's Jeep custom tuned back in like 2011-12. something like that.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This will turn out to be $400 or more that could have been better spent.

Casey.N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This will turn out to be $400 or more that could have been better spent.

exactly why ive fallen through with my plans to do so, instead im saving to lift my jeep, out of everything ive read on here the most apparent thing that has stuck with me is the kj is not a racecar.. its a jeep. and im happy to make it more of jeep by lifting using that money to increase ground clearence, instead of HP's

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
exactly why ive fallen through with my plans to do so, instead im saving to lift my jeep, out of everything ive read on here the most apparent thing that has stuck with me is the kj is not a racecar.. its a jeep. and im happy to make it more of jeep by lifting using that money to increase ground clearence, instead of HP's

Good call, Casey! You won’t regret putting a proper lift on it. Work on things that play to the jeeps’ strengths, not making it something that it is not.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yep my KJ does it's best work at 2-3mph,in 4 low.

Stock engine,SFA'd,35" tires,5.13 gears,4.3:1 low range,and 6400lbs.

Casey.N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do yall think i should do about me loosing 2-2.5 qrts of oil in a couple days. This has been happening for about a couple weeks now. Ive got ZERO leaks anywhere!! And no smoke or smell of burning oil, im truly baffled here and dont know what to do, ive read the oil consumption thread and sadly ive already done everything suggested to remedy this situation with no results, due to such large amounts of oil consumption, im starting to hear a knock when I have to fill it up with oil every day. Im pissed and am probably going to the Jeep dealership to have it looked over cause im starting to pay more in oil than i am in gas..

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do yall think i should do about me loosing 2-2.5 qrts of oil in a couple days. This has been happening for about a couple weeks now. Ive got ZERO leaks anywhere!! And no smoke or smell of burning oil, im truly baffled here and dont know what to do, ive read the oil consumption thread and sadly ive already done everything suggested to remedy this situation with no results, due to such large amounts of oil consumption, im starting to hear a knock when I have to fill it up with oil every day. Im pissed and am probably going to the Jeep dealership to have it looked over cause im starting to pay more in oil than i am in gas..

Replied in your other thread. Best to keep it separated. The same people looking at this thread are looking at that one- so you won't increase your chances of a response when there are only about 20 active members here in any given day.

Casey.N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replied in your other thread. Best to keep it separated. The same people looking at this thread are looking at that one- so you won't increase your chances of a response when there are only about 20 active members here in any given day.

funny you say that beacause my phone was glitching like a son of a B**** when trying to post this, now I know leave the posting to my PC at home istead of my 5 year old "smartphone"