JBA 4 link bolt on kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Samsolo49

Reaction score
Is it really any good and do I use my OME springs for it? Better articulation? Enough to justify doing it? On highway/freeway?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Charlesthe2nd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been contemplating this question. If you compare the prices, and the longevity of the stock vs 4-link, the 4-link is a no brainer at only 100$ more. The stock mopar UCA goes bad quickly if you're running a lift. I put a new one on a couple years ago and it's almost toast.

As to your other questions, better articulation and on/off highway ride, I'm very curious to know those answers.

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard the joints can be noisy for road use but I think someone mentioned a week or so back trying duroflex joints for the vehicle ends. Hoping to hear about the results

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
More flex of course with the JBA bolt on.
Noise is, well if we had body on frame you would never hear anything, but since we don't every now and again you will hear a little, and its not noise just parts working doing there thing.
I've been running them since before they were released to the public and no real issues
Hope that helps

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
couldnt you run them stock ? just cut off more thread

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anytime you run heims on both ends you will transfer road noise into the cabin vs a rubber or even poly bushing.

Because the JBA setup uses solid rod you may need to make your own upper arms to swap to a duroflex or Johnny joint. Unless you can find one that will fit the rod.

I'm building my own 4 link for the rear with a truss. The stock setup kills bushings quickly if you do any serious offroading on a regular basis. I've also broken 2 of the rear ball joint mounts.

The JBA setup will allow more flex but your shocks are the limiting factor even on the stock uca. You will also need to extend your brake lines.